springs or coilovers

gettingthere

i heard that springs are smoother then coilovers and since i dont plan on adjusting my car once i lower it i think springs are the best way, but i'm not 100% on what is best for my car ( 2001 gsr) so any feed back would be nice and i'm dropping it 2 in from the ground.

thanks,

gettingthere

hyper98gsr

if you are looking for ride comfort with an aggressive drop then i would go with a sport spring. 1.3-1.75 in drop. i would get some shocks as well.

if you just want your car slammed with no care of rideability then get some colovers.

do a search. you will find a lot of good info on springs and shocks.

hyper98gsr

no such thing. sorry. with it slammed your shocks will always bottom out. unless you get some real deal n1 shocks(that i dont know of). but you will pay dearly.

Baldy201

being dumped with ride quality is nearly impossible. you would have spend a lot of money on a true coil over system (adjustible shocks and springs) and that is not guarenteed(sp?) to make the ride totally smooth. I would suggest getting a true coil over system if money is not a problem (1000-2000), if you dont want to spen that much then get coilover's and shocks.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
any idea of wat shocks i should get? i want some bang for my bucks, but not too expensive..=\ broke wanna go wit the Tien Basic Damper Kit, but dont have the money yet. so i was thinking average, spring/shock setup for a price that i can afford, looking for a 1.75 - 2" drop. Andy suggestions?

hyper98gsr

i have tokico blues with h&r sport springs supposed to be a 1.5-1.75in drop. it looks real nice and feels stock. i had them on my teg too. they are made for a teg so they looked alot better. there was maybe an inch of space between the tire and fender and it was level front and back. unlike some sprngs that lower the back and forget about the front.

gettingthere

i have 3000 to spend on my suspension so i want the best. my philosphy is doing it right the first time. never lowered a teg before so all advice is welcomed. thanks

DownShift96GSR

A nice drop for a Teg is 1.75-2.0 all around, I think. Also for your suspension you want to get a sway bar kit and some lower tie bars front and back. And of course your upper strut tower bars front and back. If you got 3 grand to spend, buy the TEIN SS coilover system ($1300 give or take), I suggest suspension techniques sway bar kit (around $250). Then get your strut tower bars. With $3000 you can build a bad ass suspension set up.

gettingthere

well thats what 8 months of saving gets you. i was watching every penny to maxamize my money. i think suspension isa good investment and not worth doing half a##. but that is my opinoin and money. but im liking the suggestions since this ismy first integra.

hyper98gsr

its always good to get the best for the car you love...but I think it would be a waste of money getting the best suspension out there. which, im thinking, is the tein sustec pro damper, or something like that. why not get the suspension that your gonna use and use whats left over for other mods or whatever. what im trying to say is the best suspension for your car isn't always the best for you. im sure you're not drifting, or full time drag, or competing in any touring cup championships, so having those expensive set-ups would be a waste of money. you wont even get to use most of the adjustment features. if you ever learn how. in my opinion, 3k is way too much money for a suspension set-up on a daily driven acura integra. maybe a FD RX-7 or r32-34 skyline.

i dont really know how to put it without sounding like im telling you what to spend your money on. i apologize if i offend you. i hate people telling me what to spend my hard-earned money on.

Last edited:

gettingthere

so what do you recoomend then. hey i'm not offended i'm an amauter when it comes to suspesion, engine is my place. that is helpful. so what do u recommend for me and how low should i go for rideability.