Startin Integra build from scratch. Please help if ya can.

DroolinBuddie

Okay, I been lookin at forums after forums on what i need bout dis project i got going on..so far my mind is boggled...Anyways heres what i have so far:
Acura integra 90 2d Automatic SHELL only complete with everything Just no motor.

Heres what i've done to it...
Stripped interior, Assembled clutch pedal(I'm tryin to make it manual)- Not sure if installed it right, it all feels right lol!!!, Switched dashboard with newer one old one was broken.

Yes, I've looked around about the manual switch conversion...I know it's a pain, but i technically got this Shell for free, so why not mess with it? lol.
Anyways, it's a cable clutch that is hooked on it. i know i need motor mounts for the manual switchover, i got it covered, The ecu I'm not quite sure if this will work but what i Currently have is a 94-01 LS ECU(I was told it was from an 96) , and the motor i'm wantin to drop in an 97 B18B1 (a buddy of mine is selling it for 800bucks complete with tranny) - since i have a cable in already, this means i'll have to find a cable transmission correct?...i'm guessin this motor i might buy is hydrolic...or go hydrolic, also if i were to go hydrolic, how do i install the master cylinder?

the thing that is makin me worried is: Will this be a direct bolt in?(The harnesses), should i keep it automatic?(I hate driving auto, but keeping it auto might seem easier) is this whole thing worth it?!?!?!
- any ideas?, should i just trash this project?
I need this car for a daily drive, just to get to work, go out, etc...I got my little DC for my race adventures...lol
I need opinions on what to do because right now my mind is clusterfucked...Sorry if this seems stoopid for posting lol.
[/SIZE]

lshitegra90

bro bro bro, i would assume you only have the obd0 wiring harness... so you need an 0bdo ls ecu. and dont bother going hydro, there really is no point unless you are going all out with a serious clutch. hmotorsonline.com you can get a b16 with under 40k for 1200 with everything you need.

Jabes

the swap isnt really that hard once you get past getting the manual pedal assembly in and have the right trans mount. Id stick with a cable transmission because it will bolt up to the motor your getting you just need a clutch for the year specific transmission (90-91 and 92-93 are different transmissions) other then that i looked over this list here and figured out all the parts i need http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/auto-manual-conversion-27054/

DroolinBuddie

I see...Thanks a bunch. I Got another question if anyone would answer...What if i bought this 97 LS motor...what would i need to drop it in my 90? ...harnesses?...axles?...clutch master cylinder?... i just want this car to run...my cousin offered me a sohc for free..., but i refuse to drop a sohc into this bitch...lmao.

DroolinBuddie

Uhhh okay i can't help but feel like i'm missing something...This is my first motor swap or well...motor drop im going to do...i swapped a motor before on a DC4 but it was with a good mechanic i knew at his shop, this time i'm going to try it on my own with this little DA project i got goin on.
Can someone help me figure out whats missing? ...if any...heres a pic..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us