Stereo Wiring issue

Calaeb

Hey i recently bought a 94 4dr ls. I bought it off some dude who didnt know what the hell he was doing on anything! m 1st question is that he cut the factory plug for the cd player and just wired the cd player straight to it without any adapater. Is there anyone to fix that? Is the stock plug wired as a whole set that i could just buy or do i neeed to find one and cut it off and match it back up? if that makes sense. Then the right sized blinker goes super fast even tho all the bulbs are in there. Any ideas as to why?

tim9928

hi, yes you can go get a factory harness from a junk yard or find one online somewhere. or you can just wire your stereo up to the harness thats been cut. if your not experienced in this i would recommend that you take it to a reliable car audio shop. about your blinker going fast means that you probably have a bad flasher? im not sure on that...i know cars used to have flasher's but im not sure ours do...lol. but i can absolutely help with car audio and wiring

tim9928

also this might help you.

Radio Constant Wire 12V+: Blue/White
Radio Switched Wire 12V+: Yellow/Red
Radio Ground Wire: Black
Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Radio Dimmer Wire: n/a
Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: n/a
Radio Antenna Location: Left Rear
Front Speakers Size and Location: 5 1/4″ Doors
Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Brown/Black
Front Speakers Size and Location: 6 1/2″ Side Panels
Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Brown/White

Calaeb

I ended up finding the stock male conector on ebay for 5 bucks. my only worry now is that he cut them pretty short is there a way to work the wires down to maybe by the pedals so i can solder them together for a betterr hold?

Calaeb

No body knows if you can pull the wire set out so i can solder the wires on there? dont want to just rip stuff out

sinisterDB

i found a plug in the junkyard and cut the wires long enough to solder or butt connect them together. you would have to replace the entire underdash harness if you didnt want to go that route.

Calaeb

I bought the harness off ebay but he cut them really short. I wanted to solder them back together. My question was can i move that harness out of the stock stereo are like down to the driver floor board or something so i have space to work.drives me nuts that he did that. a adapter is only 8 bucks. could have saved so much time.

Calaeb

So i tried to fix the hardwire mess the kid had, and i cant get to deck to power on. Im sure my wires are right on the aftermakert cd harness but at the stock wires i have two left over wires. One yellow with blue stripe and then red with black stripe. I couldnt find it on the wire list above. Any ideas?

Calaeb

Really starting to get frustrated now, i have no power to the red/yellow wire fuses are good. if i wire the wire to the white and blue itll turn on but only produce sound if the keys in the off position.hopefull someone can chime in and help.

carol123

Car Stereo Wiring Issue?
I just took my stereo, subs, and amp out of my old car ('94 Grand Prix) and installed them in a '97 Buick Regal. Wiring wise, the two vehicles are nearly identical, but I bought the proper harness just to be sure. I hooked everything up and it worked great until I turned the engine on. Now I have an alternator whine coming through the subs. I didn't have this issue a few hours before in the Grand Prix and am attributing it to a bad ground. I cut the wiring harness and started hooking up the wires individually (I have manuals, so it's all good), but then I noticed something that's left me extremely confused. On my deck, I only have the two 12v wires hooked up, absolutely nothing else (the amp and subs are completely unhooked and wire ends are all cut off, no ground anywhere) and yet my stereo works. Everything in the car is factory and has never been messed with until today, so any ideas as to why I have power going to my stereo, but there is no ground wire hooked up? I'm assuming that whatever this is, is the reason for the whine in my subs.