Strange electrical problems 91 integra

hurricaneguy

Today comming home from work I had some weird problems.

First the radio stopped working. No sound or even time on the display. The blower fan blew very little air even on high.

The engine was very sluggish. I had to really step on the gas to start from a stop light. Then I pulled over and stopped the car. When I tried to restart it turned over but immediately died.

I waited about a half hour and it started just fine and everything worked. I drove about a mile and it all started again. No radio, slow fan, sluggish engine. But the lights and all other electrical seems to work fine.

Once I got home, I was able to start it after turning the engine off but the electrical problems still were there. After leaving it off for another 30 mins every thing started up just fine again. I let it run for a few minutes and the problems came back.

Any ideas what is wrong?

boostedteg52588

check your grounds. make sure all of your connections are good/clean. go to a local auto center and have them check your charging system. i had an issue with my integra where my main ground wasnt secured tightly and it would do very similar to what you are explaining

hurricaneguy

Thanks, I will take it to an auto center and have them test. The alternator makes sense. In in mean time I will check all the connections and grounds to make sure it is not that easy.