Taking apart rusty exhaust...

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
So as many of you know my teg was totaled in a roll over... i am now trying to get what i can off of it. we are going to take out the engine and put it in either a civic or a CRX. my problem is getting the exhaust apart. we have everything un bolted and off, but the tubes will not come apart! does anyone have any ideas on how to get the pieces of the exhaust apart? Any input would be great! thanks!

speedin

The Transporter
Kuchtaboy said:
So as many of you know my teg was totaled in a roll over... i am now trying to get what i can off of it. we are going to take out the engine and put it in either a civic or a CRX. my problem is getting the exhaust apart. we have everything un bolted and off, but the tubes will not come apart! does anyone have any ideas on how to get the pieces of the exhaust apart? Any input would be great! thanks!
blow torch, it will heat and expand the metal. also before that soak in bolt seize.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
thanks, i'll give it a try, it rained all day today so we couldnt really do anything, but we'll see what we can do tomorrow

Ominous G2 said:
Just watch out if they fall.
watch out if what falls?

speedin

The Transporter
Kuchtaboy said:
thanks, i'll give it a try, it rained all day today so we couldnt really do anything, but we'll see what we can do tomorrow

watch out if what falls?
he thinks i meant like a plasma torch. he is talking about cuting it. im talking about expanding metal. dont be conservative on that anti-seize

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
yet again it rained today... who knows when it'll stop. but i'll get to it when i get a chance

speedin

The Transporter
Kuchtaboy said:
yet again it rained today... who knows when it'll stop. but i'll get to it when i get a chance
sucks im in florida so i know how u feel :lol: . but yea keep us updated