treeafodo's 97 civic

treeafodo

Austin
I've done:
New fuel/brake lines
New gas tank
Fixed an oil leak
New spark plug wires
Oh and a new windshield after my friend shattered my old one. Thankfully he paid for it.

Mostly just maintenance but I've also installed my valve cover, a new deck and subs.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Thanks guys! It's nothing super nice but it's been reliable and cheap so I'll keep it around and do some cheap/free things to it until I get a teg :)

And yeah the longboard is great!

treeafodo

Austin
Well, seeing as I`m getting a teg very shortly, I should update this. I ended up selling the car last November. I bought it for $1500, did a bunch of little things without putting too much money into the car. It was good to me and stood up to anything I put it through. One day driving home from my girlfriend`s house the CEL came on and I had no power in gear. I knew the torque convertors were weak in the automatics, but that weak?:lol: Anyways I did a tranny flush and it was good to go again. The car never once got stuck in the snow, even when it was up to the floor boards. I miss this little car. It was good to me :) I listed it for sale just after starting college because I couldn't afford the insurance on it while paying for school. I ended up selling it for $1850. Since selling her I've gotten my full license, insurance rates have gone down a considerable amount, I got a few small promotions at work, was accepted into the automotive program at the college, and I have paid for tuition in full (no debt whatsoever), so things are looking up for me. I am now ready for an integra.
Anyways on to new things, and you'll be seeing me around here a lot more regularly. I'm looking forward to purchasing a teg. I'm looking at one now, and if things work out, I could have it on the weekend.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Thank you guys! I'm excited to own a car again and have something to play around with, rather than just reading forums wishing I could do it again. Everything has been working out fairly well for me as of late :)