Trying to identify power steering part

tahafisaka6

I recently changed out my starter on my 1990 Acura Integra and I must have hit a line too hard because it broke off one of the nipples the power steering attaches too. I have been trying to identify what this is but with no luck. There are two hoses with power steering fluid going to this part. There is also another cable going to it as well which to me looks like it could be an odometer cable. The part looks to be mounted on the top of the transmission just below the starter but closer to the cabin wall.

Does anyone know what this part is and how to change it out?

mirrorimg

Im not familiar with second Gen's parts locations, but could probably help if I saw what you are referring to. Would you be able to take a picture of the item?

tahafisaka6

Here are a couple of photos I just took.

In photo one, there is a red line below the cable that goes from the part to the wall going into the cabin area.

This second photo is a close up of the actual part I am trying to identify.

Thank you for your assistance.

tahafisaka6

why do the power steering hoses go into that part? Doesn't sound like I can just bypass it and connect the two hoses together.

How hard is that to change out? and do I need a new one or can I get a used one from somewhere?

thanks,

why do the power steering hoses go into that part? Doesn't sound like I can just bypass it and connect the two hoses together.

How hard is that to change out? and do I need a new one or can I get a used one from somewhere?

thanks,
It isn't hard to change out. Once you pull the speedo cable out, it's one bolt and that hose in the picture.
I'd recommend a new one, but you could always try a junk yard...

Alex966

thanks,
The power steering hoses go into the Vehicle speed sensor, because the 2nd gen's have Variable Power-Assisted Rack-And-Pinion Steering, which adjusts the amount of power assistance it gives based on the vehicle's speed. Basically, when you're driving slow you're getting "maximum" power assisted steering, when you're driving at highway speeds you're getting reduced power assisted steering. This allows the driver to still "feel" the road.