Turbo Build Help?

Nfschureman

I have a 1995 Integra Rs, It has a B18b1 in it with the stock trans. I have read a bunch of threads and honestly less then half of them have good info on a build, at least that i can comprehend due to my lack of knowledge in Honda engines. Now my question now, I want to buy a a Jdm low mileage b18b1 and start building it to be a reliable turbo engine that puts out around 250hp, I have no budget. The engine in my car runs perfect now so i have tons of time to collect parts.

What parts should I buy, for (ex. Head Related Parts, ECU, Pistons, Bearings, Rods, buy aftermarket, or polish and balance stock crank?)

I want as much detail in machine work to expect?

Info on turbo kits?

I want to soak up as much info as possible, I am not mechanically illiterate either. I have built plenty of classic v8 engines with my dad. We both don't have very much knowledge with forced induction or in ecu tuning.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You have to understand your general question gets asked at least once per week here. "Hey I have an Integra and I want to boost it. What do I do? What do you recommend?" These same topics have been discussed ad nauseam here. If you read every thread on the first page of this forum, you will have your answers.
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Nfschureman

Ok i did some looking and I'm thinking I will build a LS motor and for internals, ill do eagle rods, wiesco pistons. Now i have a few questions that may be easy, that I wasn't able to find alot on. Is it overkill if i put darton mid sleeves SKU#: 400-130-P, in the block for 250-300hp? Is the stock LS crank a better option then going with a aftermarket forged crank, if i have it balanced and polished? I know this stuff isn't specific just getting an idea, i want to make it reliable but put out some decent power.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
LS crank/rods have the highest stroke out of all the b-series engines, thats why a lot of people tend to use them for turbo builds. As for aftermarket cranks, you'll get your answers from people with much more experience with forced induction lol

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Muckman

Not a M0derator
OK great, some specific questions.

Yes I feel that sleeving is overkill for 300hp. 400hp is generally the safe limit on stock sleeves. You also have a middle option of CNC cut block guard from http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com which is much cheaper than re-sleeving. However if you feel that there is the possibility that one day you will want to run more boost and make more power than now is the time to sleeve.

Honda cranks are amazingly strong and most times better quality than aftermarket cranks. Stick with the LS/B20 cranks as they give a little more stroke than the GSR/ITR cranks. Have your stock crank micropolished and balanced.