Turbo Prep An Engine?

DA6streetsleepr

I want to run a turbo system on my OBD1 GSR DA. Besides sleeving the block, aftermarket intake manifold, and low compression pistons, what else should be done to prep for turbo to be run at a good amount of PSI?

CHILD

all day all JDM
first off....whats a good amount of PSI to you?
but a thicker headgasket helps to lower compression, preferably a metal one. forged connecting rods, a forged crank, aftermarkter camshafts with a high lift, short duration w/ little to no overlap, dual titanium valve springs, titanium retainers, forged valves.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
Everything Child said is correct, But i would go with Stainless Steal valves, they disperse heat better and stand up to higher temps than stock...i would also go with a mild port job and angle job, to get better flow. Don't forget a better clutch and stronger axles if you want a good amoutn of psi...Also a better oil pump. something that can flow much more oil. You do not want to starve the engine or turbo of oil

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
get everything thats mention n get a darton deck brace that will help out ur block alot.

Baldy201

with out doing a total rebuild of your engine you should get a compression test and leakdown test. Those will tell your health of your motor. It your motor is healthy then you are good to boost. There really is no prep for boosting. Just checking to see if your motor can handle it. Also 7 psi is good enough for a stock motor, there will be some good gains with 7 psi.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
ok... here we go...

you dont need to prep anything about your motor, you can run 300whp on a stock block, many many people already do with no problems. you dont need a forged crank, a stock crank will be fine. i would suggest some forged rods and pistons though. thats roughly about 800 bucks for both. a good port and polish goes a long long way with FI motors, i know portflow does awesome work, and they charge 900. that includes valve job and what not. other than that, engine management. VAFC/SAFC does not cut it. you need something like Hondata, Neptune, AEM EMS, etc. if you want the best bang for the buck with reliability, go with Neptune. you get a ton of options at a pretty cheap price.

also, you can run stock sleeves if you want. just be sure the tuner knows what he is doing. stock sleeves are still good up to 500whp. but the motor has to be tuned correctly to get it there safely