Turbo recommendations

ForceFed

...Relapsed
BoostedITR41 said:
for having 2 turbo cars you don't know much...

1st turbos don't come in stages that is video games not real life. Next you don't need a came upgrade to make 250whp, third you don't use a FMU with hondata. that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. 4th you can run 14psi on stock LS internals depending on the turbo. stock honda internals can hold 300whp as a run of thumb. I don't care what your engine combo is. if it is a B series anything it will hold 300whp if the motor is in good shape.

spending 9G's all motor to keep up with a turbo LS is BS or money poorly spent. you can hit 12's for about 3k or so if you don't mind interior and AC gone.

as for the 6psi on vtec B series is again rediculous. I ran 17 psi on race gas and 14psi daily on stock ITR internals with only a thicker head gasket and block gaurd(block gaurd wasn't really needed but safety)

in closing please do not believe anything in the post above mine. I know what I am talking about simply because I researched heavily before gettin into boost.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will help you the best I can

ps- if you don't believe me go to www.evanstuning.com jeff has dyno sheets from a lot of cars he tuned on the site and mod lists to go along with them

my friend... we are talking daily driving, not at the track, and im sure he will not be using race fuel every day.

and a stock honda B series motor will not handle 300 WHP daily driving. it will last around a week before your motor takes a shit!

so dont tell me that i dont know shit... i tune all my cars myself and i run 12's with street tires.

and as for the "FMU" that was my bad, it was a type-o i meant to say a boost dependant 12:1 fuel pressure regulator, i had been dealing with my fuel system all day and my mind was somewhere else.

for the "turbos don't come in stages that is video games not real life" comment... turbos DO come in stages... if you are a newbie... HE'S OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO PIECE TOGETHER A COMPLETE FUCKING TURBO KIT

so listen to me when i say DONT BOOST OVER 9 PSI WITH A STOCK LS MOTOR, YOU WILL BLOW YOUR MOTOR. same goes for a VTEC dont boost over 6PSI. thats how i blew my first motor. but i learned my lesson.

BoostedITR41

ForceFed said:
my friend... we are talking daily driving, not at the track, and im sure he will not be using race fuel every day.

and a stock honda B series motor will not handle 300 WHP daily driving. it will last around a week before your motor takes a shit!

so dont tell me that i dont know shit... i tune all my cars myself and i run 12's with street tires.

and as for the "FMU" that was my bad, it was a type-o i meant to say a boost dependant 12:1 fuel pressure regulator, i had been dealing with my fuel system all day and my mind was somewhere else.

for the "turbos don't come in stages that is video games not real life" comment... turbos DO come in stages... if you are a newbie... HE'S OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO PIECE TOGETHER A COMPLETE FUCKING TURBO KIT

so listen to me when i say DONT BOOST OVER 9 PSI WITH A STOCK LS MOTOR, YOU WILL BLOW YOUR MOTOR. same goes for a VTEC dont boost over 6PSI. thats how i blew my first motor. but i learned my lesson.
a 12:1 regulator is a FMU moron. I trapped at 116mph on street tires and a stock internaled ITR motor with 92k miles running 17psi at the track and 14psi daily with a inline pro head gasket and block gaurd.

since you tune your cars yourself what is your total timing at full boost and redline and how bout base timing, what octane, what injectors, what fuel pump? the only kits that come in stages are full race kits but that is just the HP rating of the kit and by the looks of the pics you have some lame ass HF manifold with addaptor so you don't at all have a staged kit.

also you ran your times on a dyno which you can get to read whatever you want. It has been proven time and time again that stock B series internals will hold 300whp, but not much more or you will start breaking ring lands.

you blew your first motor because you run a FMU with a stand alone or so you say. on top of that it appears you are running stock injectors which will also blow motors. also the fact that you don;t know what FMU is leads me to believe you are full of crap.

the fact of the matter is 14psi or 300whp is about max on pump gas for a LS motor stock given it is in good shape(again proven time and time again) 10psi is about max for a vtec motor above 10:1 compression or again 300whp(again proven time and time again)

If you don't believe me I can provide links to many many tuners that say the same thing(Jason Herra AKA stOOpid, mase, Jeff Evans aka boosted hybrid, tony palo(tunes rados celica, etc) the list can go on and on.

Boostfed- what are your 60ft times on those runs cause I raise the BS flag at a 12.3 @112mph and a 12.5@111mph on street tires

ForceFed

...Relapsed
BoostedITR41 said:
a 12:1 regulator is a FMU moron. I trapped at 116mph on street tires and a stock internaled ITR motor with 92k miles running 17psi at the track and 14psi daily with a inline pro head gasket and block gaurd.

since you tune your cars yourself what is your total timing at full boost and redline and how bout base timing, what octane, what injectors, what fuel pump? the only kits that come in stages are full race kits but that is just the HP rating of the kit and by the looks of the pics you have some lame ass HF manifold with addaptor so you don't at all have a staged kit.

also you ran your times on a dyno which you can get to read whatever you want. It has been proven time and time again that stock B series internals will hold 300whp, but not much more or you will start breaking ring lands.

you blew your first motor because you run a FMU with a stand alone or so you say. on top of that it appears you are running stock injectors which will also blow motors. also the fact that you don;t know what FMU is leads me to believe you are full of crap.

the fact of the matter is 14psi or 300whp is about max on pump gas for a LS motor stock given it is in good shape(again proven time and time again) 10psi is about max for a vtec motor above 10:1 compression or again 300whp(again proven time and time again)

If you don't believe me I can provide links to many many tuners that say the same thing(Jason Herra AKA stOOpid, mase, Jeff Evans aka boosted hybrid, tony palo(tunes rados celica, etc) the list can go on and on.

Boostfed- what are your 60ft times on those runs cause I raise the BS flag at a 12.3 @112mph and a 12.5@111mph on street tires
keep telling the poor kid that... he's just going to waste $3000 on a kit and blow his motor up. im trying to explain and answer his question.

he asked for help, he diddnt ask for a physics lesson.

and please tell me that you cant be that stupid to think that i run a stock fuel rail and injectors... you think im going to use them every day? i take hours and hours tuning and adjusting parts that i put on my car every time i go to the track. it dosent make sense to run 14+ PSI with your whole track setup every day when you cant use it anywhere (atleast not where i live)

ooh yeah, i use HKS UTF 680cc Injectors, aeromotive tsunami fuel pump, .5 degree of retard per pound of boost, 14PSI, track times you see below are off 100 octane, i DO use my stock intake manifold, because honda makes good manifolds. unless you are using nitrous, its a different story. and what else... oooooh yeah... I DIDDNT GET MY TIMES OFF A DYNO! they were taken at the track... where people usually go to get thier times. i have a photocopy of some of my track times on my computer, i have video too but i cant find a server that would let me host a 230MB video so email me for it.

so stop

your just sore because i have better track times.

BoostedITR41

ForceFed said:
keep telling the poor kid that... he's just going to waste $3000 on a kit and blow his motor up. im trying to explain and answer his question.

he asked for help, he diddnt ask for a physics lesson.

and please tell me that you cant be that stupid to think that i run a stock fuel rail and injectors... you think im going to use them every day? i take hours and hours tuning and adjusting parts that i put on my car every time i go to the track. it dosent make sense to run 14+ PSI with your whole track setup every day when you cant use it anywhere (atleast not where i live)

ooh yeah, i use HKS UTF 680cc Injectors, aeromotive tsunami fuel pump, .5 degree of retard per pound of boost, 14PSI, track times you see below are off 100 octane, i DO use my stock intake manifold, because honda makes good manifolds. unless you are using nitrous, its a different story. and what else... oooooh yeah... I DIDDNT GET MY TIMES OFF A DYNO! they were taken at the track... where people usually go to get thier times. i have a photocopy of some of my track times on my computer, i have video too but i cant find a server that would let me host a 230MB video so email me for it.

so stop

your just sore because i have better track times.
dude I am done with this but sorry you would need 1.8 60ft times to pull those times at that MPH on street tires and that isn't happening.

sounds like you are using a BTM. I asked what the total timing is not the retard per pound. the idea is to run the most boost that you can on pump gas and have the car tuned for race gas and higher boost. so when you are on the street you lower boost and run rich that is it

ForceFed

...Relapsed
ooh yea... i forgot to ask if you were fucking kidding me?

i said...
"i had been dealing with my fuel system all day and my mind was somewhere else"
think about it... i was being sarcastic, and you are WRONG... you CAN have an FMU with hondata.

BoostedITR41

ForceFed said:
my 60 feet time on average IS around 1.8 but my best is actually 1.664

Bwahhh 1.6 on street tires.....you must be the greatest driver ever.....and why would you use a FMU with a stand alone. you are creating not only problems with tuning but also insane fuel presures that aren't needed with a stand alone

ForceFed

...Relapsed
i use an AEM PNP system i dont use hondata, but i know for a fact that you use an FMU if you are boosting over 65PSI or under 35PSI in your fuel lines. or if you have a 255lph fuel pump you shouldnt have an FMU at all if you are using hondata. but how many people use a 255lph fuel pump with a setup like that? nobody. that totally negates the point of having a complete fuel system upgrade.

ForceFed

...Relapsed
about my 60' time... it helps your traction if you use toyo's at 25 pounds of pressure in each of the front tires

... and by the way, i AM the greatest driver ever

BoostedITR41

ForceFed said:
about my 60' time... it helps your traction if you use toyo's at 25 pounds of pressure in each of the front tires

... and by the way, i AM the greatest driver ever

25psi? pro drivers aren't pulling 1.6's from 12psi in BFG DR's...... and most people run a 255lph pump

hondata and AEM EMS are the same concept

ForceFed

...Relapsed
well im a pro driver and i pull a 1.66 off 25psi in my tires. and i have all of my interior. and my friend pulls a 1.6 flat and he only runs low 13's because his CRX is so light. and he uses street tires. see there must be alot tat you dont know about

... i dont use a 255lph

Last edited:

BoostedITR41

ForceFed said:
well im a pro driver and i pull a 1.66 off 25psi in my tires. and i have all of my interior. and my friend pulls a 1.6 flat and he only runs low 13's because his CRX is so light. and he uses street tires. see there must be alot tat you dont know about

... i dont use a 255lph
scan the time slips that is all I can say.......and that is your bad for not using a 255lph pump. they are 100 bucks

ForceFed

...Relapsed
100 bucks? well it will cost more after i blow my engine

im using 680cc injectors.

you use a 255?