Type of speakers?

tisguy

I'm planning on switching my stock speakers soon, and i've got my eyes set on some infinity kappa components for the front, but for the rear speakers what type should i get? a friend of mine told me to stay away from coaxials... any input would help, thanks!

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
tisguy said:
I'm planning on switching my stock speakers soon, and i've got my eyes set on some infinity kappa components for the front, but for the rear speakers what type should i get? a friend of mine told me to stay away from coaxials... any input would help, thanks!

focal get focal speakers ... they will put those kappa back inthe box they came our of ... check with your local car audio store ... ask them about some focal polyglass .. also you cant go wrong with mb-quart speakers .... they are realy nice tooo but these are more expensive high end speakers... my friend has focal polyglass in his civic and they put the infinty's that i have in my teg to shame ... just my thoughts on the matter you might find something better so look around and ask around .. if you find something good please let me know :)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
What's so bad about coaxials? Did you ask him that? Of course, a component set in general is superior in sound to coaxials, but to be told to stay from all coaxials as a blanket statement is going too far. If you don't have the money and/or the know how to get and install a component set, there's nothing wrong with a set of coaxials. MB Quart makes coaxials, wanna stay away from those? :)

Are your new speakers going to be running off a deck or an amp?

Last edited:

tisguy

im gonna be running all the speakers to my 4 channel amp. The part I dont like is running the wires for the front speakers all the way back to the trunk. Because i was thinking of getting components all around, but the extra set of tweeters would be pointless to the system (unless i sold off the extra tweeters or something).

dc2nr

i have RF components in the front

and kenwoods in the back, sounds clear and crisp!

1995stockcivic

any kind of high end componets from Infinity or another qualitly brand would be best

tYPe R iNt3GRa

Sub? No Sub?

It depends on ur taste. If u have subwoofers in ur car, u can get the same Infinity components for the rear, and put em on a high pass amp. If u dont have a car sub, u mite wanna get some 6 x 9s, i prefer staying with Infinity if u have Infinity Components in the front. I recommend the Infinity Kapp 693.5i's they are really clean sounding and have good bass from any headunit.

fazs2000

I work at Circuit City in Car Audio, and I'd say just get components in the front, and coaxials in the back. Back components seem kinda pointless, and they'll be pretty hard considered the difficulty to remove that entire back panel. I'd recommend MTX, as their new speakers are very clear (believe it or not they make Infinity sound like crap, and I have four Infinitys in my car).

reconxtru

DC5!
my stock speakers in my 94 GSR sounds fine even with the stock radio...hella good bass...but i'm planning to change the headunit in the future...I'm 17 with no money to buy a new headunit or anything else...thats why i'm saving up for a headunit.