TypeR Vtec Boosted?

96TypeR

ok have a question with my typeR, i have a high compression valve train allready with 5 degree over valves. If i were to put forged wiseco 9:1 pistons with forged rods in it how much boost should i be able to handle. o also wats the average 1 psi of boost to horsepower ratio? thanks alot

nefesto

i wouldnt take it over 12lbs of boost on stock sleeves just to be on the safe side.if you really want your engine to handle boost sleeve it and buy some forged rods with those pistons. i dont think there is particular formula for psi-horsepower because every car is different.

96GSR

it depends on how good of a tune you get! if you dont get your car tuned when you intall the turbo kit and just drive around and rip on it etc..you will blow your motor very quickly. if you get your car tuned you can run up to 12 psi safetly on a stock high compression motor. and you dont need to get your motor sleeved its just a good idea like nefesto said. also their is a integra on honda-tech.com with 500 + hp and 400+ tq with stock sleeves...tuned by evans..so like i said it all depends on your tuner and how good he tunes your car. you could blow you motor up on 6 psi if its not tuned properly. if your really interested in boosting check out honda-tech...they have alot of good info on this...and alot of stickys etc...

96TypeR

im not sure if ur 12 psi answer is for the high or low compression engine.......ill be running low compression about 8.7 : 1..........anyone know a good tuner in florida and how much it cost...???

96GSR

ya you will be fine running low compression....with 12 psi boost! as long as you get it tuned pretty good. check on honda-tech for some tuners in florida..there might be a post about this on honda-tech.com so check it out ....