update Mustang GT vs my 97 GS-R

jdmgsr04

ok i know i posted dis and now im updating. i remeber i told ya that this dude that wanted to race me well we finally race i tell u want it was a good race. we race like 3 times.

Ok the first time we race at the light. as we pulled up he was reving and all i can hear is his loud ass engine so i just idle it at 3000 rpm. i get his ass off the line and he still back there put he pulled on me at top end and i barley bet him and we race again i take his ass off the line again and he pulled me at top end like usual, but he got me like a half a car. then we took this shit to the highway and i took it to the highway and i barley bit his ass. like 1/2 car length and now he still talking shit. but i told his homeboyz i got his ass

DownShift96GSR

Nicely done man! Don't you hate those guys who can't admit to losing.

I got a story similar to that one. I have a 96 GSR and I raced a brand new Mustang GT Jack Rouche edition. We weren't on the highway but we were on a pretty long and pretty open road. At first I just hauled by him and he did the same to me. I pull next to him, down shifted and took off but he stayed back. Then we were finally at a light. It turned green and I took off but he did a normal take off. So we finally had open road and we were next to each other. The lowest gear I could go was 3rd and we took off neck and neck. I hit fourth gear and pulled him by half a car. As I was nearing about 120 MPH he pulled up to me neck and neck again. Unfortunately a car got in our way so we left it at a tie. It was a good race and we both went our seperate ways with respect for one another.

Don't worry boys I won't let you guys down. Another incident was against and old school convertible 5.0. We were sitting next to each other at the light. The light turned green and I left normal. As I shifted into 2nd at about 3500, he pushed his clutch in and popped it taking off all big and bad. I stayed in 2nd as I caught up to him at 40 MPH. We took off at a 40MPH roll and he saw nothing but my tailights. I had pulled him by about 3-4 cars. It was a nice victory. He couldn't face me at the next light, he sat back about a car from mine and wouldn't pass me either.

Ebray1

hell yea man.....i kinda did that....i was next to a vette doin about 120 on the interstate...u know jus for fun...but that didnt go as well as urs did...haha but i wasnt to upset

DownShift96GSR

I tried to get an old guy in a vette to race me one day, he wasn't havin it all too much. My black GSR vs his black vette. I did it for shits and giggles but he was all snotty about it.

jdmgsr04

thats a funny race. the other day i race this dude that had a B-20 on a hatch back in my opinon he think he's all hard show off his motor with no hood so i caught his ass on the street and i come up next to him we were doing like 40 mph he has no cat. and he has 17s me i have Buddy club spec III exhaust a race header and lowered and some 15s so i double cluth on his taking his has about a car length and i pulled on his ass hard. man his hatch back has no pull what so ever and he ask me if my car was a GS-R and i told him naw its a SE special edition since i have leather seats. he was like thats one fast SE, i think the dude was a ricer because i told alot of racer that and they were like no it aint its a GS-R because they can hear my V-Tec and shit well that my kill hehe :)

gettingthere

me and my friend always race each other at stop lights, there are 3 lane roads here. he gets in the far left lane i get in the right lane. and what do u know a 2003 mustang gt pulled up in the middle. we were revving at each other until we saw him. he had flowmasters on his and revved at us. so we looked at him and beat him not by much 1 car length then he followed us to wal mart parking and started talking shit so we took it the track the following week and beat him in front of his friends and he finally shut up. it happened 1 1/2 weeks ago. see ya guys later.

Todd

token ex-mod
so what does that put the tally at?

about 15 for the integra's and something like 82,975 for the gt mustangs?... keep up the good work guys, we're catching up!

hadjie85

haha ya todd true that. ive taken a couple of 4.6L mustangs the past three weeks. one was an AT, he never had a shot cuz he wasnt even brake-revvin it.... i revved up to about 3500 and popped out the clutch and he was only a spot in my mirror. i beat him by a mile, at least 3 or 4 car lengths. i ran up to 95 on a 55 mph road, and then let him have it. i was satisfied that i torched him. he of course kept his tromped and flew past me wavin the bird....i think he was pissed cuz he had his girlfriend with him and i was makin smoochie - faces at her at the light..... oh well.....

the other dude had a stick and he put up a darn good fight. we were at a light headin out on a 4 lane (2 each side) road with a 45 mph limit. i revved my motor as i pulled up honestly not thinkin of him, the sound of my muffler is so darn addictive... he revved up too, so i kept mine steady at about 3800 or so and stared at the light. it changed and we both threw down some nasty rubber but i got out before him. he caught up to me while i was in second, but i shifted into third and started pullin away. i think he gave up around 110 0r 115, he never pulled up even. id say he was a car length behind. i dropped down to the speed limit and he pulled even and smiled and gave me a thumbs up and we went home. pretty nice guy i guess.

btw, whats it mean to double clutch? how do you do it?

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
so check this, about 3 months ago i raced a '92 supercharged chevy silverado. she pulled up next to me at a light reved and i heard the blower whine. said to self F*CK IT. We raced took her off the line a pulled up to 4th gear 110mph turned around and looked at the truck....license plate said "IT'LL GO". Ha Ha Ha Ha. That was so much fun. Won by about 2 car lengths.

209SpoonDC2

I HAD a 95 Mustang GT 5.0 and I raced a Ferrari F360 Modena. I thought I'd get smoked, but how often do you race a Ferrari? Anyway the race was a cat and mouse chase. I pulled bottom end, then when I'd shift, he'd pull away because he was still revving. Then he'd shift and I'd go by. He finally got me top end of course, but it was fun. Yes, I'm sorry I ever owned a Mustang, lol...I don't like other Mustang owners and the ugly crap they do to their cars, but oh well.
When I still had my '94 LS, I raced an '01 GT Mustang and smoked him off the line and beat him thru 3rd, but of course B18B's have no top end, so I lost. lol...But I always smoked my friends 2000 Civic SI. My car was totally stock except for a Spoon exhaust. Not bad I must say.....