VIDEO: Track oriented instructional, tips, do's and don'ts, and examples thread

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Im hoping this is a good place for this thread cus im not sure it'll get the appropriate coverage in the video gallery.

Purpose of thread: share videos relating to instruction, tips, do's and don'ts, and examples as the title says. This should be as track oriented as possible and can be anything from your videos, ones you've come across, or with or without 'guide-like or instructional' editing. Sharing is best served if you provide details for the purpose of your post, especially if the videos are not self explanatory, like what do you intend for the viewer to learn by posting the video? Lets keep this as educational as possible, no street racing, no videos just to post, have some purpose or lesson in what youre sharing no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. You never know what someone can learn or what conversation it can spark. All discussions are welcome.

I'll start off with the subject that gave me the idea for this thread. Oversteer. I was looking for videos of oversteer, specifically in a integra, to see how people either handled it or failed to. This particular video relates to lift-off oversteer. Hoping to see more examples, better ones or maybe someone else will share a good one.
[YOUTUBE="raBWKJhevh8"]raBWKJhevh8[/YOUTUBE]

This oversteer occurs when you lift off the gas pedal (hence the name) shifting weight to the front making it easy for the rear to step out or slide out. From what i understand its best to power out of it (back on the gas) but as with most things of this nature, will take time to learn how to control and your entire suspension setup will play a role in the end result and how easy it is for this to happen. Its more likely to occur if you have a setup thats biased to oversteer like stiffer rear springs or rear sway bar.

This guy saves it from going off track. Time stamp 3:23 or see description for link.
[YOUTUBE="aFFIh5DE0KQ"]aFFIh5DE0KQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: