What engine is in a G1?

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
My friend bought a G1

My friend the other day bought an '86 Integra. It has 180K on the motor, for 600$, its stick, and runs decent. I was in awe of it when he got it, i never saw one till then, and now i get to test drive it. What is the motor in a G1?

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
Makes for a good beater..Those are the flip out lights right?? It almost looks like an accord front end i think?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Think its a

D16A1
113hp@6250
99lb-ft@5500

Should be obd-0, could drop a first gen B16 in there. Or a DOHC ZC.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
hell ya it is but id love to get one ne ways and make a sleeper out of it with a type r motor i think there was a post with one up in it a while back

PogKai

B20VTEC
YezEr said:
Makes for a good beater..Those are the flip out lights right?? It almost looks like an accord front end i think?
yeah, looks similiar. I've seen like 10 or so 1G tegs.. so rare!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Eviloliv3 said:
1st gens come with a ZC
Only the 1G's sold in Japan.

'86 was the very first year of the Integra in the U.S., too. 1G's in decent shape are hard to find, most the ones I see around here are beat up and rusting to all hell. There's one black one I see around that's in nice shape.
Ominous is right about the engine that's in it.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
TegSox said:
Only the 1G's sold in Japan.

'86 was the very first year of the Integra in the U.S., too. 1G's in decent shape are hard to find, most the ones I see around here are beat up and rusting to all hell. There's one black one I see around that's in nice shape.
Ominous is right about the engine that's in it.
ah... for some reason i thought they all had ZCs. IVE BEEN PROVEN WRONG!!! lol took long enough :lol:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I take no pleasure in proving one of my contemporaries wrong. :) Japan always has to make their own version of all their cars two steps better than the ones they throw our way. We get the runt version and they keep the pick of the litter, dang it!