Where does the radio antenna cable run to under the dash?

DB7ish

Well, don't know if anyone has ever replaced their radio antenna cable, but my previous owners broke mine so I went to the junkyard today to try to pull one from a similar DB7 over there.

I pulled it all the way from the rear window to just under the dash on the drivers side before I had to go to work. I also tried tracing it the other way from the radio to passenger's side of the dash but lost it once it turns up into the dash by the door. So, I was just wondering if it is an easy pull to get the cable out from under the dash?

I saw a whole mess of cables running through a panel attached to the firewall, and honestly if I have to pull it through there I don't think it would budge. And it looks like a pain to remove all that, so I just wanted to be sure of where it runs before I decide to attempt to take it out after work, or just give up and buy a new antenna cable.

Well, any information, tips, and pics would be really useful. Thank you.

DB7ish

Well, I went back today and figured it out. It's a lot simpler than I thought. Turns out I was tracing back the wrong cable from the rear window.

The radio antenna cables runs the following path:

1. Radio to passengers side under the dash.
2. Up the dash behind the ac vent to the start of the a-pillar.
3. Up the a-pillar to the roof on top of the headliner.
4. On top of the headliner from the a-pillar to a mounting location to a ground screw need the middle back part of the roof.
5. Then a thinner wire (like 18 gauge) that connects to the little clip on the window.

There's little tiewrap clips like every 8-12" so make sure you get them all off, then you can freely pull the cable.

Turns out I didn't even have to replace the antenna cable, mine was completely intact. I finally took out the radio today and saw what they did. For some reason when they put in this cheap head unit, instead of connecting the factory cable they connected a cut antenna cable that was about 6 feet long. Also, I'm guessing they replacing the rear window when they dented the roof in the back, because I don't have the piece thats on the window that the cable clips on too.

I still connected the cable any ways and it sounds perfect. Feels so good to be able to freely flip through the channels. I'll probably replace the head unit and speakers soon and rewire them, since my back ones aren't connected and the front left one is starting to crackle when the bass hits.