Where to buy a turbo kit???

hadjie85

i know there is a forum for good locations to buy from, and if you go over there, you'll see this same thread, cuz i put it in both places. i just feel like engine tech gets more action, and i need an answer quick...

where is the best place to buy a turbo kit? i would like to strike a balance between price, performance, and completeness of the kit. by complete, i mean i want everything for the turbo to run safely, including an intercooler. although money is not an object, i would like to keep as much money as possible.

im also not really sure how much boost to throw in there. i guess a nice round number would be 10lbs, so i think id also need to strengthen the block. any advice on locations, boost, or beefing up the block?

hadjie85

since people will only look, but not post, ill tell you what i have found in my limited search. modacar.com has a stage 2 turbo for around $4200 (woo! exspensive!) but they claim 620 horsepower. hmm. . . .

come on guys, gimme some places to look!!!

misplacedcivic

feel the love haj :cry: try turbodiscounters.com. they have some pretty cool ball bearing turbo kits.... i hear they 're better than non BB turbos. islandmotorsports.com should have some too. and advanceimports.com. the latter i've ordered from and they seemed to be prompt and efficient. not to mention they price comp as well! :woot:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
www.full-race.com

the best in the business for Hondas

i remember someone telling me that the top 10 Hondas running at the National Import drag event were all running full race manifolds....

that tells you something dont it? 8)

hadjie85 said:
modacar.com has a stage 2 turbo for around $4200 (woo! exspensive!) but they claim 620 horsepower. hmm. . . .
i think that kit you are talking about is the full race one... you can find it on their website for 200 cheaper, or get a lower stage kit. its all in the turbo sizing. they know their stuff, so get on the forums and ask them stuff. tell them what kind of power you are looking for and they can piece together a kit for you. ive met them personally and they are great guys. also, im not sure if youve found out yet, but they have a LIFETIME warranty on their manifolds. only 2 have broken, and they were years ago when they had a different process, but theyve fixed it since then.

Last edited:

hadjie85

ahh gracias fellas. i definitely will do some checking around on those sites. hopefully i will have my teg turbo'd by spring. we shall see...

thanks again!

misplacedcivic

ohhhh those kits on turbo-kits.com look filthy good. anybody know if those HP increase claims are accurate or is it just like the people that say that a CAI gives you 8-10 HP (you know, grotesque overstatement of the facts)? just wondering

BoostedITR41

I say build a kit. full race is really expensive and you can build a 500+whp kit for much less.

inline pro manifold
GT30R
custom DP and IC piping
precision or spearco IC
any decent BOV
tial wastegate
oil lines and misc parts

probably about 3500 in that stuff