wideband 02 gauge

nismodrifterx

i have a 92 acura integra gs and was wanting a air fuel gauge, it has a four wire 02 sensor, is this wideband or just heated 02 sensor? if narrow band what would i need to do to set up wideband. ive done some research and if i just junk the old 02 sensor and use the wideband for the gauge this will put car into open loop and throw check engine light, i still want the check engine light operable but want wideband, does anyone have this setup, everyone says narrow band gauges dont work but i dont neccessarly need super accurate, does anyone have the narrow band if so how well does it work

thanks

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You will need an aftermarket wideband sensor. If you wire it correctly it will not throw your car into open loop. You must wire it into ecu pinout d14 for the primary oxygen sensor and you will also want to wire it into a switched 12v as close to the ecu as possible. I used pin b1, if it doesn't have exactly 12v it will throw off your calibration. The rest of the wires should go to whatever gauge you want. As for the heater, I have a s300 so I just disable it but if not you would want to use a 1k resistor between the wires to simulate it.