www.dontrace.org

Aphex

Dontrace.org represents the views of many anti-street racing organizations, and strongly agrees that their should be more and more legal venues to race on... Read more in the about section.

"Illegal street racing activity continues to advance in popularity, especially among young adults. Nationally, illegal street racing is claiming hundreds of lives and injuring thousands annually. Illegal street races are notorious for being poorly controlled and randomly organized. They also operate with a minimum of rules and safety measures. New communicative technology such as websites, cell phones and underground publications as well as a new generation with more free time, financial resources and a passion for speed has significantly heightened the risk for both participants and bystanders. "
[/siz]

Hey guys, as a school research "Taking action project," I designed a webpage, DONTRACE.org. Included are links, addresses and phone numbers to legal drag racing strips within all of the United States as well as other countries. I also have links to many important newspaper and online articles that state the consequences and dangers of street racing. Lastly I have statistics and information to help people realize that illegal street racing is not the way to go about racing. By doing so hopefully no “illegal street racer” will have the excuse of not knowing where to find a drag strip, and will realize the harsh consequences etc of illegal street racing.

My teacher will be viewing the thread, so please keep it clean. Please share the website with all your friends or anyone you think might be a "street racer." Gimme some replies!

- Thanks a lot http://www.dontrace.org

Aphex

Its because when i made the layout i C/P'ed latin to fill tables up [common for web design], and when i made the drag strip parts only, i forgot to replace the welcome part. :D

pureINTEGRADY

What class was this for? I would imagine some sort of graphic design class. On the layout and design side I think it's pretty good. It's a clean simple layout which allows the user to get the info they need quickly which is the ultimate goal. I would suggest changing the text under the three Articles, Alternatives, and Links to a darker color. The white doesnt show up too well. The color scheme works well and isn't the normal shades of blue which is cool. From looking at your code it looks like you made the layout in Photoshop then sliced it up (which I prefer doing), but I may be wrong. I see a lot of spacer images and stuff like that. If you try to manage the space better by using tables and just set the BG color to your choice it will replace all the layout images that slow down the load time. It loads quickly but still the quicker the better. It looks like you put a lot of time and effort into it. Overall it is very good and I think you'll be happy with your grade.

I thought I would critique the website instead of the idea like everyone else. I like it. Nice work.

Spectacula Acura

Great site, I am familair with some of those articles, but not all excellent representation of the smart side of the tunning society. One thing in my personal opinion not always can we be represented some people are very impresionable by 2F2F and then as a result we all get blamed, or shall i dare say profiled. I did a research paper on profliling and I think we can attribute much of this garbage to those movies. I'm getting way off subject very good site, too bad NH sucks. 8) AB