My 97 GS so far

SoundEfx

Sorry, I read your post wrong.
I thought that you were talking about an untuned boosted car.

Leave me alone, I'm old.....lol

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well i think i am going to go 98-01 bumper conversion cause i feel like they look sooo much cleaner and my bumper is all sorts of fucked up. Hopefully I'm going to buy headlights/turn signals off of this guy for $80. All I need now is a silver bumper

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

How do you know your motor is fine without a tune without measuring the air fuel ratio? Just cause it hasn't died doesn't mean its ok. Tune isn't just for power.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
How do you know your motor is fine without a tune without measuring the air fuel ratio? Just cause it hasn't died doesn't mean its ok. Tune isn't just for power.

I'm just guessing from the looks/feels of it. I don't have any check engine lights nor is it running rich as it was before. We also did a compression test and all cylinders looked fine except the first one and we narrowed it down to a leak in the rings but it wasn't a huge leak. I can't fully determine if its running 100% okay because I don't have the money for a tune at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Bootlegged D-series P28. Gave up my chipped P28 because I though my ECU's were the problem while my car was running rich but it turned out to be a bad TPS sensor. If I still had that chipped P28 my car would be making much more power.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
So youre running an LSV on a d16z6 map?

Yeah, probably explains why the VTEC engagement is so shitty. I didn't know it came from a D16z6 till i realized that the fuel cut off was at 7500. I texted the guy that I got it from and he confirmed it.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

I'm just guessing from the looks/feels of it. I don't have any check engine lights nor is it running rich as it was before. We also did a compression test and all cylinders looked fine except the first one and we narrowed it down to a leak in the rings but it wasn't a huge leak. I can't fully determine if its running 100% okay because I don't have the money for a tune at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Notice what I made bold. Now look back at my other post? How are you able to tell it isn't running rich if you aren't measuring the AFR?

And nice, running a d16 map on a lsv. You do know that running lean is bad too because it will overheat your rings and then they will leak more. If your compression test revealed leaky rings, you should do a leak down to see just how bad. You are doing a lot of assumptions and your motor is only going to get worse man.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Notice what I made bold. Now look back at my other post? How are you able to tell it isn't running rich if you aren't measuring the AFR?

And nice, running a d16 map on a lsv. You do know that running lean is bad too because it will overheat your rings and then they will leak more. If your compression test revealed leaky rings, you should do a leak down to see just how bad. You are doing a lot of assumptions and your motor is only going to get worse man.

Like i said, I know its not running 100% because I cannot determine the AFR.

I didn't realize it was a D16 ECU till after I got it. We did a leak down test and it was the rings in cylinder one.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

What I am telling you is not only do you not know its 100%, but you don't even know if it actually got better. It could have gotten worse for all you know. lol All though being that its a d16 map I am going to guess its running lean. since its only spraying fuel meant for a d16. I personally would stay out of vtec until tune...but its your motor

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
What I am telling you is not only do you not know its 100%, but you don't even know if it actually got better. It could have gotten worse for all you know. lol All though being that its a d16 map I am going to guess its running lean. since its only spraying fuel meant for a d16. I personally would stay out of vtec until tune...but its your motor

I figured it was running lean when I got an abrupt change in power as VTEC engaged. I don't beat the motor up and I rarely go past 5k RPMs.

Sent from my iPhone 2g