My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd

:mrgreen: going to install the sway bar tomorrow because my dirtbag friend didn't finish it in time

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
And luckily the Yonaka catback comes in tomorrow so it will look so much nicer with a polished exhaust and not a rusted ass one :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I hear some mixed reviews on it but for now, it will look much better than my stock one.
I know you POS :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd

Came in today. Hopefully the nuts on the exhaust aren't toooo bad so we can remove them off. Sprayed it with some PB today. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Now I need to get an ITR sway bar or an ASR one because mines doesn't fit up to the subframe brace

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
We started taking off the exhaust today but the nuts were basically welded on to the cat. We cut them off with power tools and now we just need to drive out the welded bolts so we put in the new ones. Currently driving exhaust less from cat down and praying i dont get pulled over :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

JBeasonUSMC

Are you sticking with stock cat or did you get a hfc/test pipe? My Yonaka should be in Friday. I hope it doesn't sound like rice

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Are you sticking with stock cat or did you get a hfc/test pipe? My Yonaka should be in Friday. I hope it doesn't sound like rice

Im staying with the stock cat because I don't want to be getting pulled over all the time but I am going to buy a test pipe soon just to have it. I don't think it will sound ricey but it will sound much better with a test pipe. Start spraying penetrating oil on all those exhaust bolts because they will be a bitch to come out :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Nick_C78

I always use an impact gun to remove exhaust bolts. Most of the time it just snaps the bolt in half, but still works. Power tools is a good investment.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I always use an impact gun to remove exhaust bolts. Most of the time it just snaps the bolt in half, but still works. Power tools is a good investment.

We didn't have room because we were under the car at first, it was on stands. We eventually cut the intermediate pipe to get more space

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
woop woop! We drove the old cat bolts with a hammer. Sounds amazing

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I don't know if my exhaust is too loud for me to hear vtec engage or its not engaging at all but either way, I really feel the power. I can pull up to 5k faster than usual.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Uh...

Louder exhaust should make vtec louder, You won't feel it anyway, It's not like some magical unicorn power, It's just bigger cam lobes so the power doesn't just drop off after like 5k rpms.

Watch a youtube video and listen for it, It basically just sounds like something opens up in the car making it louder.