My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Uh...

Louder exhaust should make vtec louder, You won't feel it anyway, It's not like some magical unicorn power, It's just bigger cam lobes so the power doesn't just drop off after like 5k rpms.

Watch a youtube video and listen for it, It basically just sounds like something opens up in the car making it louder.

Well, if it isn't engaging then I'll check my oil level. My Phearable ECU came in today so lets see how it feels after that :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Either that or I am so use to it having a horrible engagement and losing power that I totally don't know how it actually feels like to make more power.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
And I also assume that because no CEL came on, even when the engine is at operating temperature.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

R13

The other asshole
As long as you hear it engage and it continues to steadily accelerate it should be working fine.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well, tried it out again and I heard it more during 3rd gear. i got the ECU and tried it. For the first time ever, my neck whiplashed from the acceleration. VTEC engaged soo smooth and the power was amazing. I guess this was what I wanted to feel when I first went LSV. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

R13

The other asshole
Man... Non vtec's must be reeeeeeaally slow, Everyone's always like "Omg the power!" When they feel a vtec engine and I'm always like "Yep, There's vtec, Now it smells like exhaust in here, Oh look this pickup truck wants to race"

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Man... Non vtec's must be reeeeeeaally slow, Everyone's always like "Omg the power!" When they feel a vtec engine and I'm always like "Yep, There's vtec, Now it smells like exhaust in here, Oh look this pickup truck wants to race"

B18B1 are horrible lol
It's aggravating being the slowest one while everybody is watching a race. I would downshift to second and everybody would be already gone. I'll probably get use to VTEC and look for better parts and what not but till then, I'm going to enjoy seeing everybody's reaction when I tell them its a GS and I left them behind. There are many SOHC Hondas here in springfield so I wont be picking fights with the big guys. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Swerve

Shawn
I definately liked the way my teg drove better. My engine in my civic is got a mild top end and tune (stage 2 hahaha) it feels a little over powered with my current suspension setup

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
The stock one yes but that's probably talking about a pherable ecu?

Yeah I know. Its just funny how my engine should be able to withstand that many revs compared to a stock GSR :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I was being a fuckass yesterday while driving on the highway but I really wanted to test out my ECU. Got up to nearly 130MPH on 4th gear then I let go of the throttle because I was afraid to lose control of the wheel lol
I am really satisfied with the ECU so far. I can finally engage VTEC in 4th gear and actually go somewhere instead of the engine just staying in the same spot :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g