what did you do to your car today?

94RS

No fucks given.
Decided to try some new products Meguiars brought out. Supposedly they're a throwback to the original line.

The shampoo is supposed to slot between Meguiars Gold Class and Ultimate Wash & Wax.

Last I washed the Rapewagen was about a month and a half ago, so it was looking pretty grey :lol: Last time I used Gold Class first, then finished with Ultimate Wash & Wax. (I like Meguiars products if you can't tell :lol: ) After a month and a half, the paint was still pretty smooth even with the heavy dirt. Excuse the s***ty pic.

Quick edit on Flickr that shows the dirt build up better

This time was just a pre-wash rinse, scrubbed the heavy build up, then the Mirror Bright shampoo in my foam cannon, let sit for about 5mins and rinse:

And I used the Detailing Spray on my Buell. It was already pretty clean to begin with, but the spray definitely helped.

Before:

After:

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Looks good, that bike needs a compound and wax.
Tried that already, didn't help. The last owner went down on while riding, so the scratches are in the plastic :evil:. And since the plastic is Surlyn (color injected plastic), any kind of paint restorer won't help it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Too bad you can't just grab a plastics kit for $100 like you can a dirtbike. :lol:
I'd have to shell out close to $1k for fiberglass fairings, or around $1600 for a full CF setup. I'm fine with the blue for now :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Worse comes to worse I'm sure you could paint it or have a paint shop do it for $300 ish

Noneed2Hate

cleaned out random crap and loaded up the stuff I need in preparation for the track tomorrow. Also took out the passenger seat.

R13

The other asshole
I hope those speakers are solid where they're sitting. :lol:

Looks good though! Brings back memories of how I envisioned my old geezer being.

Too late for that now :lol: but I'm thinking about going more track oriented with the mustang so we'll see where that goes in 10 years :rolf: less if I ever find a job.