Perhaps my final statement on ClubIntegra

Status
Not open for further replies.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
Haven't really made a post on here in quite a while.

Seeing that I've been on this site since almost day one, I'd like to get something off of my chest. If any of the members are still around that were posting when I was on here almost all the time, they will vouch for me.

This site has really fallen off lately. The longstanding, respected members are disappearing because things are catering to new members with no real respect for the site, or even the cars they are driving. Too many noob threads are popping up, with some of the easiest possible fixes, and they are acting like they have no idea what they're working on. Then, knowledgeable members give them advice, and because it's not what they wanted to hear, they flame away. Only to have nothing done to them.

I have nothing but respect for Scott (Ominous G2) and the rest of the other mods, but it seems like the staff isn't managing the site like they used to. Different rules? Different people? Who knows? It just doesn't seem like the Club Integra that I spent nearly the last 10 years on. Up until earlier this year, I was posting several times, daily. But now, I rarely even view the site. All the members that have helped make this site an enjoyable place have seemingly disappeared.

Before, when someone made a horribly rude post, disrespecting established members, we would be allowed to put these disrespectful morons in their place. Now, bans result when you have to correct moronic noobs.

Being that there are literally only a few people who have been on this site as long as I have, my next statement should be a sign that this site is in a seriously bad state. I have decided to leave as well.

Those closest to me, on here, know how to get in touch with me. Take care guys. Let me know if/when Club Integra gets back to the way it was when I called this place home.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Sad to see you leave, I've gone thru many a dead thread, and read your words of wisdom, (notice I used the search feature), prior to asking questions. And to know that such a knowledgeable member is leaving, quite honestly saddens me. Please reconsider your actions, and stay.

Nobody try to flame this please, it only further proves his, stephen's, and many other's points over the last few days. This should be a sign to everyone, to change your ways, look what's happening. That's two people I respect on here in the last 24 hours that are leaving do to our words and actions. Can we please get this place to be good to be at again? It has changed even since I started a year ago, while I won't leave because of it, I am saddened by it.

lokibear

Don't leave duder! We can get this site back on track. I don't know how it was before since I myself am a join to this site, but I can see a difference even just in that past few months. I agree with noobs posting the same questions over and over. I know that there is anything goes chat for noobs thread that they should be able to ask whatever questions. But I'm positive that most see it and decide to ignore it or don't want to take the time and sift through it.

BeatBox

Real Good!
i agree with you

seems like CI has been beat up with noobs, pissing match threads but hopefully with time it will recover.

i kno im not leaving, because im sure it will get better

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Taken from VIP thread...

It sucks that you're leaving as well. The issues with the moderation of the site have been brought up by a few members recently and there are rules being made to make everything clearer and fair for both sides as we speak. They're still in the rough stages, so hopefully members can hang tight until they're set in stone and are officially posted. We're all hoping the new changes and rules will bring Club Integra back to where it was before but on a larger scale. We're working on cutting down on the clutter as well as a fair infraction/banning system.

As stated before, suggestions are always welcomed by any member. Just shoot a PM to any mod or admin of the site.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
People used to point people in the right direction, now they just give them hell for now knowing something. So the rules have to change because the people change. Trolling didn't exist back in the day. They would tell them to search and that would be it. I personally don't have a problem searching for the person, then posting a link to prove that the search feature actually works. Most of the rules have not been written out, currently working on that. I guess a lot of people don't follow the treat people how you want to be treated rule because they want to look cool for other people. I don't have the ability to be an asshole to people anymore, just get accused of "abusing my power" The few people I really could joke around with are long gone.

Stick around, shoot me a PM with any ideas or complaints about the site.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
people are blowing this out of proportion. i agree that the "trolling" is unnecessary and stupid, and there are some dicks on here. but there has all ways been douche bags and ass hats on here. If your so butt hurt that you are going to leave a forum then good riddance, the s*** people take seriously these days... If you have a problem with somebody PM them and handle it like a man, don't make a thread QQ'ing about it and how your leaving...

So far the main problems people are bringing up are:
absence of moderators, I like most of our mods but it might be time for new ones.
Dicks. (warn/ban them?)
Noobs asking questions (pretty sure this has been around forever, answer their questions or point them in the right direction.. its not hard)
Rep, its being handled.

Last edited:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
The few people I really could joke around with are long gone..
Ahem. lol

I agree with Scott, though. Stick around. Changes are definitely in the works, although I'm sure it'll take a little work to get things smooth again. It'd suck to lose such a valuable member of CI. Wish you well with whatever you decide.

Ryan659

Honestly when I first saw the title of this thread I was already irritated. However, after reading it I do agree with what you are saying almost 100%. The one thing I strongly disagree with you on is the fact that your are trying to make a statement while leaving. I think it takes a lot more to stick around and try to be productive to fix the site, rather than saying,"this place sucks now so I'm leaving." for that reason alone, my respect for your longtime standing as a site member almost becomes irrelevant.

Now to a positive note, I do agree with the ability to put noobs in their place if they are trying to walk in big boy shoes (in regards to integra knowledge). People should not be banned permanently (2 in particular that will not be named) for doing just this most of the time. However, a line needs to be drawn between standing up for the site and it's members and just trying to be an ass for s***s-n-giggles.

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The two that you aren't naming, aren't permanently banned. Both have mulitple accounts which is something that we do ban for.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
People used to point people in the right direction, now they just give them hell for now knowing something. So the rules have to change because the people change. Trolling didn't exist back in the day. They would tell them to search and that would be it. I personally don't have a problem searching for the person, then posting a link to prove that the search feature actually works. Most of the rules have not been written out, currently working on that. I guess a lot of people don't follow the treat people how you want to be treated rule because they want to look cool jfor other people. I don't have the ability to be an asshole to people anymore, just get accused of "abusing my power" The few people I really could joke around with are long gone.

Stick around, shoot me a PM with any ideas or complaints about the site.
Ominous, you're doing a stand up job. Keep it up. You can joke around with me, even if you were to ever ban me, I would laugh and shrug it off, and try to do better. I have an abrasive personality, but I'm tryin to behave myself, lol :)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
To the op...yes, stick around. Some of us noobs aren't so bad. I, for one, am funny. Just ask ummmm, other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.