Murphy's 99 Coupe

zack11122

Never haha I live in Florida are you crazy? Besides no woman would tolerate riding in my car without a/c.
Haha I used to always go to Florida. Almost moved there with my dad actually.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy

Meat Master

So I finally finished tightening my valves along with replacing the stripped studs and nuts on the valve cover along with the gaskets and new spark plugs. Also bought a password JDM battery tie down.

After all these she runs perfect, idles at a steady 500rpm after warmed up, engine stays cool, temp gauge stays below half, has great pick up and fixed that valve lash.

Wrapping the center consul in new black leather is what's next.

Other things I did recent are repair two coolant leaks and clean out and greased all of my electrical connections.

Murphy

Meat Master
So I've noticed for a while this oily substance has been spattered on my hood for quite some time. I finally looked into it and decided that it couldn't be coming from anywhere else but the power steering pump.

So instead of spending $120 for a new one I researched rebuilding my old one. Eric the Car Guy on YouTube has nicely detailed Honda power steering rebuild video, it looked straight forward so I ordered the $12 seal rebuild kit and went to work.

After several hours of work the pump looks brand new, I surprised myself by how nice it turned out.

I'll post a new engine bay pic in a few.

Murphy

Meat Master
So here's the cleaned, polished, and painted manifold.

I cleaned and polished all components, replaced the tb and intake gaskets, and replaced all of the coolant hoses.

After I put the manifold back in the engine fired right up and idled much better than before. My engine now idles 200rpm higher and noticeably quieter and smoother. All this work was well worth my time so glad I committed to it.

https://vimeo.com/117872650

SoundEfx

Wicked and subtle maintenance work man.

Where are the pics of the 'new' engine bay?

Murphy

Meat Master
Felpro washers and regular open end nuts instead of those capped nuts. Felpro gasket as well. I figured it would be easier to avoid stripping the studs with open end nuts.

Other than that NGK wires of course and a stock oil cap.

Murphy

Meat Master
Thanks man! I have no clue, I'm just glad everything is finally cleaned out.

This wrinkle paint is so durable, I'm thinking about painting my rims wrinkle black with a polished lip.