Smackinassvtec's ITR K20 swap build thread

Smackinassvtec

I'm starting this thread #becauseracecar lol just kidding. I have a 2000 Integra Type R #1355. Salvage from theft, picked up as a shell, put all OEM parts back, and brought it back to life. I swapped a GSR motor from my last GSR into the ITR but I feel like that motor does not hold it down for an R. I want something more powerful and faster. I want something that will hold its name for the R. I want to do something different so I'm going K series. That's why I started this build thread. I'll have parts coming in and will post pictures through out my build. Enjoy.

2000 Integra Type R
K20A2 engine & transmission
Stock internal
RBC Intake Manifold
Skunk2 Thermal Intake Manifold Gasket
Skunk2 Thermal Throttle Body Gasket
JDM ITR Throttle Body
Karcepts Throttle Body Adapter
R-Crew rep race header
3" Vibrant Street Power
3" Stainless steel mandrel piping w/ resonator
Hasport 62A mounts
Goodridge Kevlar Clutch Line
K-Tuned Race Spec Shifter
K-Tuned Shifter Plate
K-Tuned Fuel Lines
K-Tuned Fuel Rail
K-Tuned FPR
Hybrid-Racing PS/AC delete kit
Hybrid-Racing radiator cap
Hybrid-Racing Conversion Harness
Hybrid-Racing Cold Air Intake
Hybrid-Racing Radiator Hoses
Hybrid-Racing Radiator Hose Insert

SUSPENSION:
Zeal Function B6
Swift Springs 16K F / 14K R
BLOX spherical endlinks

WHEELS/TIRES:
OEM USDM Gun Metal ITR wheels
205/50/15 Dunlop Formula R D01J

3/24/2014
Pulling out the motor and selling it same day.

3/25/2014
Gotta have a new clutch for my build! Picked up a Competition Clutch Stage 1 for K series. Brand new never used. Thanks to a homie!

Last edited:

Smackinassvtec

Just got this today. R Crew replica header. I just ordered a bunch of k swap parts so they should be arriving in about a week.
Will post more pictures when the goodies come in!

Smackinassvtec

Alright so today as I wait for the parts to come in (hopefully in a week) I decided to prep the engine bay. Not going to do any hardcore wire tucks or anything, just simple.

Drilling out the spot welds to remove the passenger side bracket. We also smoothed out the area after removing the bracket.

It might of look difficult removing the bracket but it was pretty easy :)

We smoothed out the sides, cleaned it up and sprayed a glossy black coat to it. Too glossy but its decent.