Smackinassvtec's ITR K20 swap build thread

dopematic

Im sure it'll work fine as long as you're running stock injectors. But Kpro and a tune does wonders with the k series though. They respond very well to bolt ons alone.

Can't wait for this thing to be finished! :thumbs up

Smackinassvtec

Heres an update in a very long time lol...
Anyways plans changed so I'm not going with the built K24 anymore. That's why it took a while for me to find another motor. Picked up this complete K20A2 motor with transmission yesterday night.

Sorry for a messy garage but I'm cleaning up the engine a bit. Removing useless brackets and wiping all the dirt and grease. Going to get it pressure washed with degreaser.

renarudo

That thing is still a beaut even with parts on the ground. Keep up the great work man. Remember CI loves pictures so flood the page with them.

Smackinassvtec

Got this really cool A/C P/S delete kit from Hybrid Racing

And finally swapped the motor into the R. It was a piece of cake and I thought it was going to be a betch. Did the swap from the bottom. Motor was sitting on a little dolly. We jacked the car up really high from the front, rolled the motor under the engine bay and lowered the front. All the bolts lined up and mounted up smoothly :)

Smackinassvtec

:drool:

Fastest K-swap I've ever seen!

Sent from my toaster
Dude it felt like forever to me. Lol. I think it's been 2 months and 1-2 weeks since I took out the b series. I'm still waiting on a sensor, axles, shifter cables and it'll be ready to start

Smackinassvtec

Yes this build is still going on. Haven't updated in a while. Been busy with work and more work. Had to put this project on hold for a bit but I'm continuing it now.

Most recent parts...
Hybrid-Racing Conversion Harness
Hybrid-Racing Cold Air Intake
Hybrid-Racing Radiator Hoses
Hybrid-Racing Radiator Hose Insert

All installed and wired up. These are the most recent pictures as of today

Just waiting on axles to come in now... already ordered

Last edited:

Smackinassvtec

Coming together nicely, Sammy!
Thank you Patrick!

Sick build!

Why a ps/ac delete kit? Im a noob with K motors
I just wanted a cleaner look. I'm not running A/C or PS, its possible to run it though. Just need to buy the AC/PS kit if I remove them because of different length serpentine belt.

Charly[horse];1357146 said:
Mmmm nice!
Thanks!

Started it up today for the first time. Here's the first start up video. I'll post a test drive video if I dont forget later. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tu7JxDpobg"]6tu7JxDpobg[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tu7JxDpobg

youtube.com/watch?v=6tu7JxDpobg

Last edited:

Smackinassvtec

My Vibrant StreetPower 3" muffler just came in! Now waiting on pipings, should be here on Friday latest. Then ill be ready to hit the exhaust shop!