finally...all motor setup getting done

lsvtecmyke

550cc for an all motor setup? thats overkill. im using 310 for my setup and it should be perfect. what ecu are u running

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
ok here it is we tuned and dynoed we didnt get what we wanted :x but we did get 185 whp and 146 lbs torque :???: which is still ok but not what i wanted

blueTEC

James
that does sound low for what you've got going into it, and for the money you've spent. maybe look into tuning with some one else? you should be able to produce better numbers...

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
blueTEC said:
that does sound low for what you've got going into it, and for the money you've spent. maybe look into tuning with some one else? you should be able to produce better numbers...
this guys are the best in my area for this tunning i dunno but well see i havent driven it yet so maybe it is better than seems

Winki

Undercover mod
looks like you need some head work

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Hmmm, that peak HP number seems low to me too, solid TQ though. By comparison, I'm making 183whp/133wtq from a B18C1with slightly smaller cams (Spoon), lower compression of 12:1(I believe you have 12.6:1?, unless those aftermarket rods change it), and I have a stock IM and TB.
What header are you using? Are you using a high flow cat? What size? Like was said earlier, you would definitley benefit from a 2.5 inch exhaust. The Greddy is 2.36 inches.
Looks like VTEC is activating at 5650. You TQ begins falling off before that, at 5200. Lowering VTEC to 5100 or so should help smooth that out.

Winki

Undercover mod
g3teg94 said:
like what do u mean
well with the cams you have i know you should be abole to make more power higher, maybe it is a tunning issue, but i.ve seen better power from those cams and not just droping off at like a lil after 8K, think maybe you need a P & P.
and yean try setting your vtec to 5100 or 5200

B18TEG

BLACK DA
also double check clearance with the valves . . . and maybe check for valve lift? seems odd that a fully built motor isnt making that much power.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Wait a sec, looking closer at that dyno, your peak TQ is 136, not 146 (it's 137.1 I guess, looking at the bottom of the sheet). That's a bit low for your mods, but the compression your running will tell the tale for sure.
Your not maintaining TQ as well as you should be after it's peak.

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
You can make more than 200-220whp with an all motor set up, it just takes a crap load of money...I just went to an import face off out here in texas and saw an EG hatch run an 11.7 on an all motor set. You can also do ITB's and that will help out as well. You spend just as much making an all motor fast as you do boosting....unless of course you just want your basci bolt ons....as a matter of fact here's a vid of an all motor EG with 300hp
http://videos.streetfire.net/recentvideos/3/wm/724e3c92-11d3-4348-9a82-985d017d6842.htm

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
with some good research you can build a badass all motor car....you just need DEEP DEEP pockets...i hope to have a really nice N/A car one day in my teg....it just seems different than boosting....