Full Coilover Review Thread

jbrown97ls

Name of coilovers: Skunk2 ProS Version 2

Cost: $684 from TunerSports.com

Year/Model: 1997 DB7

Your Impression: For my drop, the ride quality is great. Not too stiff and not too soft. This is a great coil-over set up for a daily driver.

Pros: Very affordable IMO for what you're getting, adjustable height independent of spring load, easy to install, sexxxy.

Cons: Adjustable dampening would be cool... even though I don't need it.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW! For the price and use of a daily driver - 4.5

Pictures (optional):

Last edited:

Kyle

Name of coilovers Progress CS-II kit#77.1003

Cost $550 from Tunersports.com (Thanks Justin for the awesome deal

Year/Model 2001 DC4

Your Impression Progress is a great company and rivals many other companies for quality and offers this at a great price. Has an OE fit and comes will all the necessary hardware to install them. Just got to reuse your OEM top hats. Install was quick and easy and the directions are super clear and straight forward. I got the softer spring rates (350F/250R) and I'm glad I did. It's very smooth and doesn't knock my teeth out. I'm lowered about 1 3/4 all around and could go much lower if I desired. They don't recommend going below 11.5 inches (distance from the top of wheel well to center of the axle) because you'll blow them and void your warrenty. I believe I'm sitting at about 12 3/8 inches. Minimal rub at this height with my 205/45/16 tires. They recommend this set up for DDing but have more aggressive rates available if you so wish (350/350, 350/500, or custom for about $70 per set). I'm glad I bought them and for the price they can't be beat. Got about 1,000 miles on them and no problems yet

Pros Stuff fits correctly, no pang wang stuff here, MADE IN THE USA, no flash, just stuff that works. Great price for a coilover and can be very capable for autocrossing. Offers a 1 year warrently and you can buy replacement struts for $68 each from Progress directly. No core exchange required. Great customer service.

Cons Progress does have issues with stocking enough of these coilovers so expect a long wait. I had to wait about 9 weeks to receive mine. Check their Honda Tech thread or call them for availability. The rear does squeak alitte bit and for some reason I don't have any rear preload. But this doesn't cause any problems, just a slight annoyance. No dampening in this system (but they offer this in their CS-I system which starts at $1,080). Be aware that this system isn't ment for winter driving (as most coilovers are). I solved this by putting some grease on the threads. Packing could be a little better (I almost had a strut fall out of the packaging onto my toe). Just be careful when you pick them up.

Overall Rating 4.5. I love them and if I could do it all over again, I'd buy Progress again. Well worth the wait

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Name of coilovers: Tein Street Basis

Cost: $650

Year/Model: 2000 Integra DB7

Your Impression: Love these things. Easy to install, easy to adjust, and ridebetter than I thought that a lowered car would.

Pros:
Cost
Simplicity

Cons:
No dampening, but I don't think that's necessary for a DD
need to use OEM top hats

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW! 4, would definitely recommend to a friend

Pictures (optional):

95TegDC4

Name of coilovers:
Raceland US

Cost: $369

Year/Model: 95 Integra Rs

Your Impression: A bit bouncy at first, but definitely better than someone rolling on Cut springs!

Pros:
1) Height Adjustable
2)Amazing for Daily Driving/Grocery Getter
3)Ability to go Super Sexy Slammed (I tucked tire all the way around without trying, lol)

Cons:
1) They were on backorder for mine for about 2 months.
2) You have to order them for a Civic, since they haven't expanded into Integras yet (But it's all the same, you know?!)
3) Doesn't come with top hats
Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW! 4

Swerve

Shawn
OP You're gunna hate me...

Name of coilovers: Skunk2 ProS Version 2

Cost: They're around $700 but they came with my car.

Year/Model: 1996 DC4

Your Impression: Good drop, they do handle corners well, but they aren't well made, they are hard to lock/unlock properly and the ride is TERRRIBLE.

Pros: They look neat, they allow for a low drop. They corner well.

Cons: The ride is terrible, feels like a shitty roller coaster at a run down boardwalk. Hard to lock/unlock.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 3: They are overall OK if you don't care about ride quality, but for the price there are better options.

Pictures (optional): Later today

lta777

Cost: 1100

Year/Model: 95 Integra RS

Your Impression: Great quality coilovers, good track handling, and amazing ride quality.

Pros: 3 way adjustable, shock dampers adjust, great ride quality! good durable build (had them for almost a year now)

Cons: none, for what i use them for auto-x/track and daily these coilovers perfrom as i want them too. it was worth the money, i havent had any issues with them at all. I did not on the install that the metal pieces that guide the screw through needed to be reversed. that was the only thing i needed to change with the coilovers. quick fix though.

Overall Rating: 5! worth the money i've had other coilovers best ride quality overall.

N+ Coilover Review:
Features:

15 Adjustible Damper Adjustment Adding 4kg/mm to the set up or away from the set up depending on the setting.
Urethane isolated upper pillow ball mount
3 way adjustable coilovers allowing ride height to be adjusted independently of spring pre-load This was a big feature i liked, that is a must have for ride quality and consistent spring rates.
Complete mono-tube design
Nice finish

Ride Quality: Having had stock suspension, skunk 2 springs, skunk 2 pro-c's I can say that this is the best suspension i've had. Not to mention i've had the oppertunity to ride in cars with b/c and tein coilovers. This coilover is as close to stock ride quality with handling bumps. Not to mention even if there's 4 people in the car it handles the ride well. Even on full soft while maintaining quality ride comfort i can have faith in my car when going around a bend, or merging on daily driving.

Turn up the stiffness, and put your car on a track and let me tell you compared to my pro-cs the n+ keep the car on rails, youll have great confidence in your cars handling capabilities after installing these.
Construction: Great quality, i've had these installed for almost 10 months now, i haven't had any problems and these coilovers have been put to the test between track days and auto-x and daily driving in NJ's snow storms these coilovers have held up to the test of time, with no decrease in performance!
Durability: on month 10 as of 2/13 so far no failure great quality and no complaints. I have yet to see any corrosion or decrease in performance of the coilovers. I will be doing a session of road course this weekend on this current set up! These coilovers are made to be raced and used, and i expect them to continue to perform as my track seasons continue.

I also purchased the Buddy Club P1 LCA's
I'm very happy with this purchase, they've held up long term no rusting, or failures. They come with polyurethane bushings and are a great match up to the N+ coilovers. With 6061 Aluminum these LCA's are tough, and have lasted through my NJ winter storms, track days and daily driving through NYC and all over NJ.

I strongly recommend the N+ and P1 Lca combination. This is a quality set up for any basic diver who wants to lower their car but doesnt want to lose ride quality, as well as those people who are auto-x whores and track sluts, you can expect this coilover to get you into the top times for the day, and the FTD if you know how to drive your car.

I also purchased the ASR Brace with a 24mm rear sway bar. I'm sure there's multiple reviews. obviously going from a 14 to 24mm rear sway bar has shown great improvement. My understeer has improved as well as handling. Its a great buy, especially with the availability to upgrade to their 32mm hollow swaybar (if your nuts and need that).
I also like how it comes complete, with polyurethane bushings, and not to mention it all goes together as a kit, so install is easy.

Note about the install: i did not drill out the thread for the sway bar busings. I did not want to lose the thread if i went back to stock, i did not run into any problems long term even after track use, and the sway bar performs well. The only problem i did run into was that you can easily over torque the bolts by not drilling out the bolt thread. be careful during install.

All in all i'm very pleased with this set up, I am even more excited to add more quality parts from Buddy club to my cars suspension in the near future.

Some plans i have include:
Buddy Club Extended Ball Joints
Buddy Club Front and Rear Camber Kits

Expect some reviews once i purchase these!

Update: 10 months later here's how there holding up! In great condition! Even after auto-x and a winter in nj.

Tegster96

I finally rode the new suspsension enough to post my review.

Name of coilovers: Function & Form Type 1

Cost: A little over $600 picked up from WekSos. Same set (for my sis) was $585 shipped from HiPowerMotorsports.com

Year/Model: 1995 Acura Integra RS coupe

Your Impression: A little better than the last set up I was running. Great for the price. No major compaints.

Pros: Affordable, simple install, stiffness is okay, not too stiff. And you could SLAM it without even messing with the preset dampening.

Cons: Non-Dampening adjustable of course.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW!
For the price, I'm gonna give it a 4.5

Haters are gonna hate, but I would recommend these to anyone on a budget.

Pictures (optional):

Do they come with the hooks?

renarudo

Are you talking about the lowering wrenches? Mine did. Reminds me that I need to adjust to adjust the front.