Full Coilover Review Thread

seahtech

its an opinion. gtfo troll

lol! not trying to be harsh because FnF makes some very good components, e.g. LCAs, but their coilovers... meh

FnF type 1 is the popular fad brand/fan boy brand at this time. There are 4 techs at my work that run them on everything from a track crx to a magazine cover quality track daily integra. They like them because they are cheap and can be dumped. I have ridden in the crx extensively and I can promise that any Tein, Buddy Club, Apexi N1, hell even full body Skunk2 will deliver better performance.

For perspective purposes friend with track crx (he is a Honda whore) also has a track/show 92 accord with tein. He will admit he bought the FnF type 1 for the price and ability to dump.

PS. time for some truth.. everyone giving high schools to these have never seen a Penske/Ohlins setup lol

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
its an opinion. gtfo troll
Its an opinion based on no other experience. You'd think a Geo metro was great if you'd never experienced anything better.

lol! not trying to be harsh because FnF makes some very good components, e.g. LCAs, but their coilovers... meh

FnF type 1 is the popular fad brand/fan boy brand at this time. There are 4 techs at my work that run them on everything from a track crx to a magazine cover quality track daily integra. They like them because they are cheap and can be dumped. I have ridden in the crx extensively and I can promise that any Tein, Buddy Club, Apexi N1, hell even full body Skunk2 will deliver better performance.

For perspective purposes friend with track crx (he is a Honda whore) also has a track/show 92 accord with tein. He will admit he bought the FnF type 1 for the price and ability to dump.

PS. time for some truth.. everyone giving high schools to these have never seen a Penske/Ohlins setup lol
lol exactly. I gave my Omni's a low score because I'm going from a $4000 set of coilovers to a $600 set. The difference is obvious.

I'm also willing to bet a set of Koni Yellow /Ground Control with proper rates will outperform all c/o's in this thread outside of my old J's.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Its an opinion based on no other experience. You'd think a Geo metro was great if you'd never experienced anything better.
while true, its still their/my opinion (if you actually read my review i say its a good DD drop for the price, which is why i gave it a 4) and your comment wasn't needed.

PS: noone likes Geos. I'd rather have a horse drawn carriage.

back to the topic...

Army74D

gtavila_

Of course a $4k suspension set up is going to be better than a $600 set up.. I can't speak for anyone on here but just from reading these posts, seems like these guys are giving their set up a good rating based on the cost of the set up. Not everyone could afford the best of the best or even half of that.

Anyways, I'm currently running Skunk2 sleeves and Skunk2 Shock Absorbers, not "full coilovers". But i recently purchased (but not installed yet)..

Name of coilovers: F&F Type1

Cost: Just over $600 picked up from WekSos "Weaksauce.org".

Year/Model: 1995 DC4

Your Impression: Not installed yet, but hearing alot of mixed reviews. More positive than negative.

Pros: NA

Cons: NA

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW! NA/ You get what you pay for, right?

Pictures (optional):

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Of course a $4k suspension set up is going to be better than a $600 set up.. I can't speak for anyone on here but just from reading these posts, seems like these guys are giving their set up a good rating based on the cost of the set up. Not everyone could afford the best of the best or even half of that.
I'm just saying I can actually base my rating on experience with multiple sets of coilovers. I've experienced Omni/Megan/Function Form all the way up to J's by Crux. Most people on here are probably like, well I bought them and got some stickers, they go low; THEY GREAT BREH

Army74D

gtavila_
So you've had F&F Type 1's? Honestly, how "good" are they for the price?

And I've heard of Omni, but have searched for them and nada.. Who the hell carries them???

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
I'm just saying I can actually base my rating on experience with multiple sets of coilovers. I've experienced Omni/Megan/Function Form all the way up to J's by Crux. Most people on here are probably like, well I bought them and got some stickers, they go low; THEY GREAT BREH

built_ls

And I've heard of Omni, but have searched for them and nada.. Who the hell carries them???
i know there was a guy on this site selling them at a reasonable price

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned

My friend had them, they rode like stock; but I wasn't impressed.

F&F/Omni/Megan/Skunk2/Blox/BC/D2 are all cheap taiwanese shit. I'd stay away from all of them.

Aww you're sad that you don't know what you're talking about.

seahtech

Realistically almost every product for our cars are made overseas in either China or Taiwan.

Gbaby, I have had Ground Controls with koni yellow on my teg before I bought the D2.. were they nice? Yes they were. For the full setup (coils, shocks, tophats) they are pretty expensive. I was not a fan of the way you unlock the coils. It is a hex that is set at a horrible angle. Mine was stripped out when I bought the car. I called Weksos and they said it happens all the time and will happen on your new one. GC wanted a ridiculous price to replace to one coil.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
I'm not a fan of the GC, I was going to go with a Koni Shock and a koni sleeve with Hyperco springs in my car.

Army74D

gtavila_
I finally rode the new suspsension enough to post my review.

Name of coilovers: Function & Form Type 1

Cost: A little over $600 picked up from WekSos. Same set (for my sis) was $585 shipped from HiPowerMotorsports.com

Year/Model: 1995 Acura Integra RS coupe

Your Impression: A little better than the last set up I was running. Great for the price. No major compaints.

Pros: Affordable, simple install, stiffness is okay, not too stiff. And you could SLAM it without even messing with the preset dampening.

Cons: Non-Dampening adjustable of course.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW!
For the price, I'm gonna give it a 4.5

Haters are gonna hate, but I would recommend these to anyone on a budget.

Pictures (optional):

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Name of coilovers: D2 RS Coilover System

Cost:$1,215

Year/Model: 95 DB8 & 94 DC4

Your Impression: They were time consuming to adjust for the roads around here but quick to remember damping adj for track days. Didn't actually have to change it too too much. I will be buying a 3rd set of these for my new Integra. No questions asked.

Pros: Ease of install, Color, Cost, Reliable, Stiffer than others road in for Auto-X

Cons: Pain to change height adjustments for my liking. Pillowball mounts used to be sold sep but now sold together and cheaper lol

Overall Rating: (1-5) 4

Pictures (optional):Ill edit and show when I find them from my old cars

***The price is from 2007*** That was last time I bought a set