Full Coilover Review Thread

IXsokudo

Name of coilovers:
Buddy Club N+ spec

Cost: 695.00 without top hats

Year/Model: 1995/integra DB7 (AUTO)

Your Impression:
So far i love these. rideheight at the maximum can be set at near stock height.
Fully adjustable height without fouling shock travel along with 15 way adjustable damping.
I have it set on 4 clicks in the rear and 7 up front. at this setting for street DD I have found it to be close to a stock ride with the added benifits of coilovers
I bought new tokico tophats, spring isolators and hardrace bushings.all around to complete the set

Pros:
1. Price
2. Damping is adjusted from tophat side no need to remove wheels.
3. Fitment is perfect

Cons:
1. Price does not include tophats
2. Instalations instruction are only in JAPANESE

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW!
Pictures (optional):
Front

Rear

Last edited:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Name of coilovers: Omni Power 'Race'

Cost: Included on car

Year/Model: 99 LS

Your Impression: Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy....Car does not feel right (probably has to do with setup)...If you've owned a set of high quality coilovers in the past....You'll HATE these

Pros:
-They go low

Cons:
-Everything else

eamc420

any other reviews on coilovers? im looking for a setup and cant really decided on which ones i want to go with..

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Name of coilovers: Function&Form Type 1 Full Coilovers

Cost: $585 from HiPowerMotorsports with free shipping.

Year/Model: 1997 Acura Integra DB7

Your Impression: These are my first sets of full coilovers. I was looking for a set that has SSS capabilities for the budget daily driver who used them strictly for daily driving. The coilvers are soft, yet stiff. They are at the right spot. i've never been on the track nor do i plan to with my DB7, but i can take 60 degree turns at 45mph with ease. i'm not slammed and i won't for awhile, but i have a 1 finger gap for the front and around 2 for the back. The ride is very smooooooth.

Pros: -Cheap
-SSS ability
-great for DD
-can take aggressive turns.
-no need to mess with pre-load.
-1 year warranty?
Cons: - non-adjustable

Pictures (optional): will come soon!

Last edited:

Honda_90

What is SSS ability? im looking to get some FFtype ones or some ksporst or omni's its for my DD ls i want something for the twisties and random autox. any recommendations?

Honda_90

super sexy slammed? well thats a good ability to have lol.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
I've had em for a minute now, so here it is:

Name of coilovers: F&F T1's

Cost: 580 shipped from HiPowerMotorsports on ci.com

Year/Model: 97 DB8

Your Impression: Solid for the price. Can't really complain, but I will :) I can take corners at reasonable speeds (see posts above) but would prefer a stiffer ride. personal opinion. overall: great purchase for the college budget.

Pros:
-height adjustable
-cheapest (yet proven) full coilovers (I don't consider the megan/godspeed proven)
-great for cosmetic drop

Cons:
-too soft for tire tuck, would go for the skunk2's through tunersports if given the choice again

Overall Rating: (1-5) 4

Pictures (optional):tons of before/after in build thread/facebook album (public link in build thread also)

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
anyone running megan coilovers? or D2?
from what all my buddies say, don't get anything from Megan.

i had a friend who purchased some Coilovers, don't know which kind, and claimed riding stock shocks and cut springs would've been better than them.

but then again, it's their opinion. may be different to others.

seahtech

Name of coilovers: D2 Racing RS Coilovers

Cost: $900.00

Year/Model: 98 ls

Your Impression: Love them. I have had many different setups in the past. Ground Kontrols + Koni, Skunk 2 coils with Tokico shocks, and Skunk2 fullbody coils. i like these the best.

Pros: Come on purple and black is sexy! They are fairly prices. I bought them because I installed a pair on a friends tsx and liked the look and ride feel of them. They are capable of being absolutely dumped.

Here is quote from password jdm.. "36 way damper and rebound adjustable mono-tube full coilover system. The setup has separate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal adjustment and allowing full strut travel at all times along with pillow ball upper mounts or top mounts"

Cons: Havent run into any as of yet. If I had to do it all over again though and had a little more cash I would've gotten the Buddy Club N+ Spec mainly because they seem to be really race proven and I have fallen in love with BC products.

Overall Rating: (1-5) 1=sucks ass 5=FTMFW! == 4
Only reason I didnt give a 5 because I believe that the real FTMFW coilovers out there are Penske or Ohlins honestly.

Pictures (optional):

Last edited:

tork_sd89

Baywatch
from what all my buddies say, don't get anything from Megan.

i had a friend who purchased some Coilovers, don't know which kind, and claimed riding stock shocks and cut springs would've been better than them.

but then again, it's their opinion. may be different to others.

Same thing I heard.. but a friend of mine is a rep for their company and is running them on his MKIII supra and says he can get em to me for a good price but I've been looking at the D2's and Skunk 2 pro C thanks

DAteggy93

Name of coilovers:
- Form and Function Type1
Cost:
-$650 New
Year/Model:
-1998 DB7
Your Impression:
-Smooth yet Stiff at same time. Way better than Skunk2 pro-s or Koni + illumnias
Pros:
-Soft but Stiff
-Height Adjustable (slammable)
-3 Seperate Rings (one to seperately adjust height without losing pre-load) <--GG
Cons:
-Not Dampening Adjustable
Pictures (optional):
I gotta jack..
- Function n Form type 1
- $600 plus shipping (weaksosindustries.com)
- 93 DA9
- I feel that they are way better than factory, and gives a very confident ride.
-pros: Stiff, n soft
can super sexy slam
spring rate pre-set for spirited driving
Affordable
-Cons:
Cant adjust the dampining
-My rating.. 4.5
-pics:

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
To people giving Function Form such a high score...have you ever driven a car with a proper suspension setup? I'm guessing no.