[S13] The Creamsicle - The Road to a Boosted Rust Bucket

McMahon

JackTuned
So I picked this up for cheap. Its rusty as f***, but I wanted a boost project of my own. Since all of my friends own Hondas and Subies, I decided on this 240sx. First post will be pic heavy, but the build itself is a slow build.

First day

Lenso Blitz Wheels

My fat fives

New plate

Pods

Garrett Super 60

Sr20 370cc Injectors

31x12x3 FMIC

HKS BOV (I'm sure its fake, cry.)

Stock

New Kenwood Deck

Tial 38mm wastegate w/ 6psi spring

Chipped ka24de ecu w/ basemap

Gauges

Used alt

Log mani

New tires

Muffler

Passenger Fender

Muffler installed w/ 3" cat back, custom bent w/ custom hangers (old ones rusted off)

Next on the list:
Driver Front Ball Joint
Alignment
Driver Fender
Inspection Sticker (hehehe)
FMIC Piping
Welded HKS Flange on Cold Pipe
Downpipe
Turbo Elbow (same guy that did exhaust will make this, downpipe, and the flange)
Walro 255
New Clutch
Oil Change

Then boost!

McMahon

JackTuned
Couple side projects I've been participating in:
B18B-T on 20g Turbo, ~250whp

B16A CRX N/A - Soon to be cammed/itbs

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Nice project...my first car was a 92 se with an sr20...was a blast! Enjoy! Just please paint it asap...that orange is yuk...

McMahon

JackTuned
Not going to bother painting it. The underbody is so rusted/rotted that its not worth it.

Once I boost and get the kinks out, I'll just get a new chassis and swap the turbo setup over.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Not going to bother painting it. The underbody is so rusted/rotted that its not worth it.

Once I boost and get the kinks out, I'll just get a new chassis and swap the turbo setup over.
Ok...sure...u can do that too...good luck with it anyway

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Sup, Casey? Looking forward to this build more than my own, lol

McMahon

JackTuned
Hey man whats up? It'll be fun. I swapped bumpers with a guy that I owed since he gave me 4 working calipers. I now have a pignose front bumper. Dont really care for it, will post pics up tomorrow or so.

I'm starting to debate on this chassis though. I think its TOO rusty. Instead of waiting til fall to have some money saved up I might just take out a small personal loan for a cleaner chassis.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Where in Maine are you from? I almost purchased a car closer to Southern Maine a little while ago and I have a buddy that goes to Southern Maine University of whatever lol

SilverSophie

Nice. I built a coupe with an s14 Sr20. Hell of a fun car.

Getting harder and harder to find clean 240sx now. Find yourself a rust free chassis. Which is like saying go catch a unicorn, especially where you live.

Good luck. If you need any help or advice Lmk. I know too much about these

McMahon

JackTuned
I'm from Portland, Maine. Which is southern maine.

I always have questions, and most of the DIY's online have broken image links from being so old, haha.

I'm taking all my shit to my tuner tomorrow so he can take a look at it, and play around with the mapping on the ecu just to familiarize himself. He's used to tuning Honda's but has the shit for Nissans.

SilverSophie

Never touched my ecu while I had mine. I guess I didn't have to. Stock Sr20. Lol

Ya for some reason most DIY links are crap. Not really sure why...

Let me know how it goes. I miss my coupe a lot. It's fun having a lot of power on a light chassis and RWD. Every turn is a drift course. Lol

McMahon

JackTuned
Yea all the 240 guys around here have sr's. I really dont know why. Must be because it comes stock boosted. But to be honest, I'd never run a t25/t28 turbo haha.