[S13] The Creamsicle - The Road to a Boosted Rust Bucket

PatEK

nice to see a 240, loads of my friends had 180sx's. they are stock boosted to, but the CA18DET engine suck hard.
so a lot of those guys swapped them to RB20DET or RB25DET and some even to RB26DETT. why not do a swap like
that and get the advantage of maximum 6 cil torque and the hp of the turbo? I loved my RB25DET in my skyline.

McMahon

JackTuned
Because hardly anybody builds KA's anymore. Everyone does SR's or RB's.

I want a 4 cylinder, not a 6, and I'd prefer boosting an N/A motor rather than getting a stock boosted motor. Plus T25/T28 turbo's are too small.

94RS

No fucks given.
Because hardly anybody builds KA's anymore. Everyone does SR's or RB's.
Exactly. Everyone either wants to be JDM, or doesn't want to run "a truck motor." If I remember right, KA's are the torque-y engine and SR's are the one's that rev higher.

I'd honestly rather have torque down low simply because I wouldn't be revving the piss out of an engine on a daily basis. That, and the fact that they're getting more rare every year is why I like KA builds.

Btw, nice choice on the pignose bumper. They seem to fit better with the pop ups than the Kouki bumper IMO.

McMahon

JackTuned
Hate to say this already, but I got an offer on the car yesterday that I couldnt refuse. I ended up selling the 240 for double what I paid for it. Shit happens. All of the turbo stuff is for sale if anyone is interested, may even make a For Sale thread. But anyways, onto the good news. Bought an EK Coupe today :) Happy to be back in the Honda game.

McMahon

JackTuned
EK thread has been posted in the project section. Will turbo it next tax season, for now I'm selling the turbo kit so I can pay off some debt.