Army74d's VSM DC4 RS

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
damn, just your luck to find a teg on accident,i wouldnt pay more than 2700. car looks clean but is there any rust or bubbling? still alot of mileage, and realistically you might have engine swap in within a yr or two.

XjoEnX

Damn man. Sorry to her like that. Best of luck with the car shopping. Glad to see your doing better

Army74D

gtavila_
Thanks guys. Alot of parts will be coming off the car and the rest will be recycled for scrap metal or whatever the hell they do to a chassis. All I know is that I can't have the car stored on my property waiting to get fixed, so I'm not even gonna bother with it.

damn, just your luck to find a teg on accident,i wouldnt pay more than 2700. car looks clean but is there any rust or bubbling? still alot of mileage, and realistically you might have engine swap in within a yr or two.
I went back to talk to the main dealer and took the car for a test drive. He was trying to out smart me about the car, but I can guarantee I know more about it then he does so I was just there listening to his bullsh*t. I couldn't talk him down to less than $4200 cash. Really? He got offended when I laughed in his face and told him the car isn't worth more than $3,000 and he probably only paid $1200 at an auction anyway.
There is minor rust in the trunk floor, and some bubbling areas on the exterior. There was a strong burning oil odor coming from a valve cover leak. The compression was good, the car ran smooth and the clutch was nice and stiff. But not worth nearly what he's asking. Onto the next...

Anyway, I just paid $280 to get my car out of the tow yard and to my house. I'm pretty pissed, especially considering it was only in there for almost exactly 24 hours.

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
^^ one thing you have for you, when your looking at other tegs, you know what your talking about/prices. thats really sad pics bro, reminds me of my first integra i wrecked/totaled.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Dang, that sucks bro. I know how it it is seeing your car on the flat bed :(

Army74D

gtavila_
Looks like the engine could be saved but everything around it in the engine bay is done.
Everything from the doors back is good.
Insurance adjuster is coming Friday. I'm crossing my fingers for good news.. Hopefully get cashed out.

And my wheels, not even a scratch!
Real wheels sure are built tough. :lol:

Army74D

gtavila_
Took everything aftermarket off my car yesterday. Now it's sitting back at stock height and well.. Stock.
The insurance adjuster came to check out the car today.. We took his job a little seriously and noted down all the defects on the car that weren't related to the accident; Dents, over-spray from the paint job, stains in the interior cloth, etc.

Not sure how much my car is worth in the eyes of the insurance man, or even if I'm getting anything back.
Hoping for the best.. And the best is to get cashed out!

Army74D

gtavila_
Also yesterday..
Picked up the new g ride..

1995 Acura Integra LS.
5-speed.
Granada Black Pearl w/ Tan cloth interior.
Has A/C and P/S.
100% original/stock (minus the Kenwood CD deck).
Just like the last whip, I am the second owner!
Yes.. I bought this from the original owner..

Clean as f***.. And I picked it up at TOPONE USA detailing shop, so it's been fully detailed from the ground up. Looking fresh like it just came out of the factory. :p
It's got a few small dents around the exterior and paint oxidation on the roof and trunk but nothing out of the ordinary for this year make and model. Overall, it's clean as f**ck.

I miss the space in the engine bay from no ABS, and not having ABS in general.. And not having a sunroof.. But oh well, I won't complain too much.
On with the pics;

Last edited: