Army74d's VSM DC4 RS

Army74D

gtavila_
Hahah same here dude, I kind of went completely inactive for the winter, not much time or money to do anything with the teggy, so she's kind of just been slowly getting worse. April break coming up for me soon, gonna strip the interior and do some heavy spring cleaning, and then move to the outside. I did put in an order for some Stop-Tech Blank rotors and Hawk HPS pads though, so I'll be putting those in as soon as they get here!

You however came a long way with your teggy! Wish I had made as much progress as you haha. Going to college in the fall so I gotta save whatever I can. Oh well! I can take joy in seeing other VSM teggys get some love haha.
Thanks man, unfortunately it's a love-hate relationship with my DC. There's days when I'm proud to have it and proud of what I've done to it so far and think about what more I want to do to it.. And there's days when I just wanna slap the "for sale by owner" sign. I have quite of parts in my room and garage that still need to be installed. Like my PW:JDM slotted rotors, ARP extended lug studs, EM racing c-pillar bar (don't know why I haven't put that on, Lol), hood mask (I might put on when the rain stops), and I have a 10" sub and 450 watt amp that I'm debating on installing because I'm all about weight reduction. :D
Your car is clean though. VSM ftw. 8)

Nice work dude super awesum.. wat kind of tires u had on the meshies? They look low profile
The meshies were wrapped in BF Goodrich G-Force 195-55R15. The same tires are now on my P1's. I don't know what anyone else who's ran these tires has to say about them, but I f*cking love them. They got amazing grip, and they're an all-weather performance tire. They cost a grip, but an A++ tire IMO.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Patrick: I'll let you borrow my spare bulletproof vest. :)
Yeee! I don't think a bulletproof vest,+my military training+either of my two guns will save me from the strapped idiots who roam the streets of Stockton though, Haha.
Last time I went to Stockton, I met up with a friend at the Buffalo Wild Wings right there by the mall.. I swear not even 5 minutes after parking, some dudes in a Toyota Tercel started scoping out my car. This was like 9pm at night. I ran out and moved my car closer to the building where I can keep my eye on it from the table. But as soon as I got in to move it, they took off. So I pretty much knew for sure what they were up to..

Last edited:

Ganyon

I would love to see the hood bra installed. Is it oem or aftermarket?

Army74D

gtavila_
I would love to see the hood bra installed. Is it oem or aftermarket?
Aftermarket.. Honda didn't make OEM for 94-97. Except for the 96 spec Type R (I could be wrong). If I am correct, I won't rock anything that says "Type R" on my non-Type R car, Lol.
I'm pretty sure they did make OEM for 98+.

Mine is similar to this...

Boxy

Thanks man, unfortunately it's a love-hate relationship with my DC. There's days when I'm proud to have it and proud of what I've done to it so far and think about what more I want to do to it.. And there's days when I just wanna slap the "for sale by owner" sign. I have quite of parts in my room and garage that still need to be installed. Like my PW:JDM slotted rotors, ARP extended lug studs, EM racing c-pillar bar (don't know why I haven't put that on, Lol), hood mask (I might put on when the rain stops), and I have a 10" sub and 450 watt amp that I'm debating on installing because I'm all about weight reduction. :D
Your car is clean though. VSM ftw. 8)
Haha wow you're like the opposite of me! If I had any parts laying around I wouldn't be able to sit still until they were installed! Especially new rotors... haha like as soon as I get my rotors and pads they're going on. Mostly because I HATE the goddamn screeching of my brakes.

And thanks! I try my best. Some people on here hate though cause I have to make do with what I have and thats not much. Whatever, I know what I'd do for my car so its cool.

And yeah, VSM teggys are the best.

Kyle

Aftermarket.. Honda didn't make OEM for 94-97. Except for the 96 spec Type R (I could be wrong). If I am correct, I won't rock anything that says "Type R" on my non-Type R car, Lol.
I'm pretty sure they did make OEM for 98+.

Mine is similar to this...
Actually they did make a bra for the 94-97s (non Type R). Coy has one.

Army74D

gtavila_
Haha wow you're like the opposite of me! If I had any parts laying around I wouldn't be able to sit still until they were installed! Especially new rotors... haha like as soon as I get my rotors and pads they're going on. Mostly because I HATE the goddamn screeching of my brakes.

And thanks! I try my best. Some people on here hate though cause I have to make do with what I have and thats not much. Whatever, I know what I'd do for my car so its cool.
Everyone's gotta start somewhere man, just keep doing your thing. Fortunately I get more positive feedback for my car than negative. The only negative feedback I really get is people saying my car is "too low". But it's usually older people who say that, Lol.

Actually they did make a bra for the 94-97s (non Type R). Coy has one.

I think I've seen it... Can you send me the link to his thread please? I wanna check it out.

So this is what I just started working on a couple of hours ago..
Picked them up yesterday mainly because the tires have alot of meat, I could use some "just in case"/ beater wheels, and the price wasn't too bad.
These are pretty old rims from what I'm finding online, but I'm not finding too much info on them. So yeah, the polish is pretty beat.

I started cleaning them up and will try to finish them up tomorrow so I can try them on. If they look alright, I'll consider polishing them real good.
Two down, two to go..

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=20608

I got an OEM front nose mask from Pat for $160 shipped. They are kinda rare but that is a fair price so I'm cool with it. A dude was selling a 94-97 nose mask for hella cheap, like $50. I say this because I've heard those Lebra's don't fit well. How does the fitment seem?
$160 is not bad at all! But $50 is a steal. I asked two different Acura dealers and they both said the part doesn't show in their system but were unsure if they were ever made. The LeBra fits PERFECT. I'm just not really feelin' the look so I might put it back up for sale soon. But yeah, it looks just like Coy's except it says "LeBra" on one side.

Army74D

gtavila_
It's my day off so I decided to get my tired ass outta bed and do something productive. What better than to work on the DC? :)
I bought these two sheets of (forgot what type of) wood a few days ago to make a new trunk floor board. I paid $22.xx for both, and they're pretty sturdy. An OEM one would of cost me over $60 from the dealer, so I went the cheaper route and I'm pretty satisfied with the way it came out.

Also cleaned up these new (very old) beater wheels I picked up a couple of days ago. Alot of Fast Orange, Soap, Water, and about 4 hours later..

I actually kinda like them.. But thinking if I should re-polish them or paint them flat black.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
I already have the white Buddy Clubs, so I wanna go different.. I've always liked polished wheels, but these look somewhat similar style to the Spoon SW388 (Slipstream for you Rota fans who don't know the real deal). So black is also on my mind..

[YOUTUBE="Random video of my DC4"]_mXNWdeU76I[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Boxy

Everyone's gotta start somewhere man, just keep doing your thing. Fortunately I get more positive feedback for my car than negative. The only negative feedback I really get is people saying my car is "too low". But it's usually older people who say that, Lol.
Hahah I wish people complained about my car being too low... it rides like a 4x4 still. Oh well!

And I'm diggin' the new rims, definitely polish them and make them super shiny! It would look great.