Army74d's VSM DC4 RS

Army74D

gtavila_
I wanted to go out and take some pictures today, but the first wave of rain this winter is coming through today so it's pretty ugly out. On a happier note, I get paid tonight! So I'll be ordering some things this weekend for sure. :)

I never see you around the 209 :(. Loving your progress!
I stay in Modesto and stay out of Stockton. I'm cool off getting get shot.. Lol.

Army74D

gtavila_
It's been a while... Been really busy with work and taking care of other bulls*** obstacles that are a part of life.
I've done quite a bit here and there to the DC4 as well as the DA9 (which should have been sold by now but decided to keep it a while longer). Nothing too special..
I was in the process of finally buying the bug eyed Subaru WRX that I've been wanting for so long, before the Judge gave me the worst punishment he can possibly give me for a street racing ticket that I got last year. Sucks, but that's a consequence for acting stupid.

Anyway, on with the pics;
Took these a few weeks ago just for the hell of it.

A homie hooked it up with some 10mm wheel spacers.

Got a steal on a nose mask (only clipped the two outside clips in the picture, that's why it doesn't look right).

I haven't driven around with the nose mask yet, just installed it and took it right off. Not sure if I'm really feelin' it, Lol.

I ordered an SI VTEC replica front lip, but the place I ordered it from sent me this ugly s*** by mistake I guess..

I ended up getting the right lip, and sold the ugly "Type R" one pictured above. I have yet to take good pics with the new lip.

So yeah, updates coming very soon as this will be going in as soon as I get an ECU and a different instrument cluster..

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
That lip you got wasn't an ITR lip, it's a CTR replica. I've always liked this DC4 man! Not digging the half size rad and no P/s but i bet you're getting a work out lol

Army74D

gtavila_
That lip you got wasn't an ITR lip, it's a CTR replica. I've always liked this DC4 man! Not digging the half size rad and no P/s but i bet you're getting a work out lol
CTR, Really? Thanks for the info.. I had no idea. But I thought it looked funny. Lol, Oh well.. It's long gone.
That motor is in my friends hatch right now, he's keeping his half size rad and I'm keeping my full size one.
And my DC4 does have P/S and I'm planning on keeping it. My DA9 does not have P/S and it SUCKS, Lol.

Army74D

gtavila_
Couple of pics from a couple of weeks ago when she broke down on me for the very first time in the 22 months of owning her.
She just shut off as I was coming to a red light. 10pm in a busy street, alot of people slowed down to be nosy but no one cared enough to get out and help me push it to the side. Is there any good hearted people left in this Country? Got her to the side (by myself) and luckily I had renewed my AAA roadside assistance like 3 days before. Free towing FTW!

Turned out to be the main relay AND starter. Easy fix. :thumbs up

99TegLs

lucky bastard! haha when mine shut off randomly, i had sheared the woodruff key going 40. but a miracle happened and I didn't be one single valve. holyyyyy crap.

ATEGGY94

subscribed quick question what paint did you use exactly to paint the mirror moldings what ever you call them cus mines are finished and in dire need of some tlc

j13

Keep It Clean
CTR, Really? Thanks for the info.. I had no idea. But I thought it looked funny. Lol, Oh well.. It's long gone.
That motor is in my friends hatch right now, he's keeping his half size rad and I'm keeping my full size one.
And my DC4 does have P/S and I'm planning on keeping it. My DA9 does not have P/S and it SUCKS, Lol.
Yeah google search it, the oem EK9 had a lip that flares out the same way. I had that lip untill it got busted up, it looks better on darker integra, your car would look sick with an oem 97spec ITR lip! Those things are mega rare though :(

Tell me about it, my moms civic doesnt have power steering, I feel like the hulk after driving that thing.

Boxy

Hey good to see you're still alive and kickin'!

Haha haven't seen a post from you in a long time, the teggy looks great!

goofygamer

Whoa...with a bad starter, your car could shut off even while it's running? Luckily mine went bad while it was sitting in the garage lol. Just replaced it yesterday.

Army74D

gtavila_
lucky bastard! haha when mine shut off randomly, i had sheared the woodruff key going 40. but a miracle happened and I didn't be one single valve. holyyyyy crap.
Oh s***.. That happened to me in my old Civic. I abused the crap out of that poor motor, lol. Ahh.. Good times.

subscribed quick question what paint did you use exactly to paint the mirror moldings what ever you call them cus mines are finished and in dire need of some tlc
The weather stripping? I sprayed like two coats of primer black, then like 3 light coats of the wrinkle black or whatever it's called. Looks like it was never messed up. :lol:

Yeah google search it, the oem EK9 had a lip that flares out the same way. I had that lip untill it got busted up, it looks better on darker integra, your car would look sick with an oem 97spec ITR lip! Those things are mega rare though :(

Tell me about it, my moms civic doesnt have power steering, I feel like the hulk after driving that thing.
The very first lip I bought for this car was an ITR replica lip. I hated it... So I sold it the day after receiving it. Then I got this CTR lip by mistake, I immediately noticed that it looked different than the ITR lip I had before, but just assumed it was a jacked up attempt at a ITR replica. I always wanted the SI VTEC lip because it's the closest looking to the OEM 5th gen Civic lip, and those lips are clean as fuuuhh. So I'm happy with the SI VTEC lip. I'll take some good pics when this rainy weather clears up.
My DA9 still has the P/S stuff on it, we just took off the belt when we replaced the timing belt. I'll put it back on when I'm not so busy.

Hey good to see you're still alive and kickin'!

Haha haven't seen a post from you in a long time, the teggy looks great!
My man Boxy! Sup dawgg???
I've been out and about, kinda on and off here.. Just lurking a bit but haven't had time to post anything til now. So, I'm back! For now.. Lol. Thanks for the love.

Whoa...with a bad starter, your car could shut off even while it's running? Luckily mine went bad while it was sitting in the garage lol. Just replaced it yesterday.
I think what caused it to turn off while it was running was the main relay.
But it's weird because I had never experienced any problems whatsoever with this car since I've had it. It didn't lack power or bog out or anything. It just shut off... Replaced the main relay, it turned on after turning the key 2 or three times then she would start bogging out. Tested the starter and it was bad so we replaced it, and good to go.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Boxy

My man Boxy! Sup dawgg???
I've been out and about, kinda on and off here.. Just lurking a bit but haven't had time to post anything til now. So, I'm back! For now.. Lol. Thanks for the love.
Hahah same here dude, I kind of went completely inactive for the winter, not much time or money to do anything with the teggy, so she's kind of just been slowly getting worse. April break coming up for me soon, gonna strip the interior and do some heavy spring cleaning, and then move to the outside. I did put in an order for some Stop-Tech Blank rotors and Hawk HPS pads though, so I'll be putting those in as soon as they get here!

You however came a long way with your teggy! Wish I had made as much progress as you haha. Going to college in the fall so I gotta save whatever I can. Oh well! I can take joy in seeing other VSM teggys get some love haha.