Tree's DC4

treeafodo

Austin
Thanks everyone!
I officially made up my mind shortly after buying my car that it was staying wingless unless I happened to find a real Mugen gen 1 wing. No other wing would settle. I was so happy to hear about this one that I jumped on it very quickly to make sure it would be mine.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Nice. Are you planning on doing a 98+ exterior conversion? I think it will go well with that mugen wing ;)

treeafodo

Austin
My DB sedan handles shipped out yesterday.
I'm also planning on removing the A/C today since I tested for and found a leak. I literally never use A/C in any vehicle I drive, and I plan on tracking this a lot. I think those are both good reasons to remove it rather than spending my money on something I won't use. Hopefully the weather is nice when I'm done work since it's supposed to rain.

treeafodo

Austin
Well, the weather didn't cooperate yesterday. Today I depressurized the A/C system at the shop and took the Mugen wing to the body shop to get a quote for repair. During shipping it got a few stress cracks. The FedEx claim is filed and I'm booked in for September 24th for repair.

treeafodo

Austin
Today I got around to doing the A/C delete.

First of all I decided to be smart and enjoy it even more, so I set up the awning on the trailer and pulled my car under it so I could enjoy the shade. It was really nice in the breeze without the sun :)

Untitled by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
I removed a few necessary things to remove the lines and cleaned the airfilter while I was at it.

The bay is now ready for tear down.

The first few lines are now out.

I guess I won't be needing this anymore so I peeled that off

I should have taken more pictures, but a little while later I removed everything that I needed to in the bay. I did it without taking the bumper off at all.

The bay now without A/C. I NEED to paint the valvecover soon...

Then I wiped down the bay a little more and ended the day by giving her a wash :)
I need to order the plug to plug the hole behind the battery. When I get that I will remove everything that is under the dash.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Today I took care of something that was really starting to bother me. The infamous sagging ash tray...

This is a super easy fix for those who don't know.
Just hold the ashtray where it needs to be, then drill a hole just under it with a 1/8'' drill bit.

Insert a small screw into the hole (no pictures, sorry), reinstall the ash tray and you're done. My interior is so dusty. I just cleaned it :cry:

Then I got doing something really fun. Weighing every last bit that I've taken off the car. So far I've taken 80.91 lbs off her :) For details look at the mod list near the beginning of the thread. I will post all the details in there.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
This morning I went straight to work on the valve cover. First thing in the morning I took it off and started to strip the paint and sand it down.
Almost all off.

Masked off and ready for primer.

Primed

The morning was miserable outside, it was absolutely pouring rain. So between layers of primer I grabbed the exhaust head shield and power steering pump bracket off the car to be painted.
Mia sitting pretty in the rain.

My ghetto "paint shop" set up again.

It finally finished raining so between layers of paint I grabbed the best engine bay cleaning tool I had, and got to work cleaning.

This is how she sat all day while she was waiting for her parts and I was cleaning her.

Thankfully my parents weren't home today, otherwise i would have gotten talked to about this...:lol:

That was all for today. I feel pretty productive. :)

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
did someone say mo0o0ogen? :thumbup:
Yes sir. Speaking of Mugen, I can't wait to get that gen 1 wing on Mia. it's driving me crazy sitting in my room. It's just too much to have on my car at the moment. I need to get a little more done before I install it ;)

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Looks very good! Do you have a pic of the whole car with the hood open? I want to see the valve cover from a far perspective cause I think I might paint mine white lol