Tree's DC4

treeafodo

Austin
Update in progress:
Today I decided to start tucking the headlight, turn signals, horn and cooling fan harness.

Untitled by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
I don't have good pictures, or very many because I was in a rush trying to get as much done as possible before work tonight.
Everything is unloomed

Getting there. This is pretty much where I am. I need to pick up some wire to extend everything a little bit then reloom it all. That I will have to do either tomorrow or Sunday when time allows it. I'm off to work right now.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
I pick up directly where I left off. I got to work with my soldering iron. After extending all the accessory wires, minus the turn signals, I plugged everything in and tested to make sure they worked. I was a little nervous, but thankfully everything worked perfectly!

Then I started to sort out everything and loom them.

The finished headlight and cooling fan harness

I was very careful to make sure that I did not break the clips that held the harness in the bay so that I could reuse them. This is how the harness will be mounted until my next big update ;)

Everything is secured in place

This is how the bay looks with lots of dirt from the old looming and stray bolts in it. Tomorrow I will re-installing everything that is left. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. Not bad for my first wire tuck :)

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Thanks guys!

I got everything re-installed today, I worked on getting the bumper fitment a bit better and now it's almost perfect.
Here is a view of the back of the headlight.

Also one very exciting thing is I finally broke the 100 lb mark of weight removed. I am now at 103.96 lbs removed! Details are in the mod list post on the first page.

Last edited:

randomhobo

automagic user
what gauge wire did you end up using? I'm considering doing a tuck also and am to lazy to go outside and look lol.