Tree's DC4

98GS

Did u paint the firewall and stuff or is that just one bad ass cleaning job?

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

treeafodo

Austin
Did u paint the firewall and stuff or is that just one bad ass cleaning job?

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Just cleaning. All the brown stuff all over the pay is a mixture of tons of dirt and oil spray. It's the BIGGEST pain in the butt to remove, especially on the firewall.

treeafodo

Austin
Nice work, I'm inspired now.
Same! Adding engine bay to my to do list now, if only I knew how to wire tuck
I'm really happy that my build can inspire people!:D
It's really not that hard. I honestly had no idea how to do it before I started.

Here's are a few link that might help.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=213771
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/190275-how-wire-tuck-dc4-video-may-13th.html

I have an update to post after my homework tonight :)

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
I need to take some pointers as well, I have some late summer cleaning to do before it gets all cold and crappy.

treeafodo

Austin
It's not much of an update, but it's a little bit of progress towards getting the car where I want it. I took the rear seats out today. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I am building this car for me, and that's it. I know exactly what I envision on this car, and that's all there is to it. Now I can get a better idea on cage design and measurements.

The view I'm used to.

Untitled by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Coming out

Did a little bit of cleaning. Not too drastic as I already cleaned this when I got the car. I will be taking care of the rusted spots shortly. :)

Then I gave her a much needed bath.

So pretty now :)

This puts me at 141.99 lbs removed. If anyone cares you can find the weight info in the mod list on the first page.

Last edited:

treeafodo

Austin
Oh yeah, and I dried my car using an electric leaf blower. I think I'm a genius because there's no water spots on the car at all, and I was able to get the water out of the tight spots like the door handles, and between body panels. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. :lol:

Zachc6464

Oh yeah, and I dried my car using an electric leaf blower. I think I'm a genius because there's no water spots on the car at all, and I was able to get the water out of the tight spots like the door handles, and between body panels. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. :lol:
I was going to do that too, but towel are cheaper than leaf blowers!

Ganyon

I do that all the time. My neighbors think I'm nuts just for washing my car.

Zachc6464

Lol Ganyon, idk why but i never see people washing their own cars. In my whole apartment complex im the only one who uses the car wash station