My 97 GS so far

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I always fix the major issues before i spend money on performance parts.

Idle, engine noise, timing, egr etc.

I hate little things like that with a passion.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I always fix the major issues before i spend money on performance parts.

Idle, engine noise, timing, egr etc.

I hate little things like that with a passion.

That's what I'm thinking, might as well get my car fixed and then tune it so I go in there without any problems

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
picked it up and now I got it on. No leaks anywhere and tested it out hut putting my finger in the IACV hole on a cold start, stalled out on me! Which means that there's no other vacuum leaks.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Drove it for a little and I'm glad to say that it's still running good, idling right where it should be. This might sound a little ricey but It actually feels faster :lol:. I was surprised because It was closer to stalling out when I released the clutch at the point where it engages so it eats the revs a little faster.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Tested out vtec and it felt a little better but it kinda felt laggy, if y'all know what I mean. Like my neck went back at 7k when I felt the power

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
It will feel faster because the source of the problem is solved. Delivery is faster that's what your feeling.

As for lag, are you using a intake manifold with iabs?

Maybe they aren't functioning properly.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
It will feel faster because the source of the problem is solved. Delivery is faster that's what your feeling.

As for lag, are you using a intake manifold with iabs?

Maybe they aren't functioning properly.

No, no iabs that I know off. Probably just needs the tune for its full potential.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Went to the local car meet and some dude with an LS wanted to race me. I didn't race because of the whole vtec engaging weak and i told him about lsvtec. Didn't know what I was talking about and then I popped the hood, this crowd of people came and look and were asking me all these questions :lol:
Well, the best thing about tonight is that the CEL went away

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
In before you lose your license again lmao.

LS is a lot of power with a gsr/b16 tranny. I wouldn't fuck with an EF/crx with one.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
In before you lose your license again lmao.

LS is a lot of power with a gsr/b16 tranny. I wouldn't fuck with an EF/crx with one.

Lol exactly, didn't want to risk that shit again.
I'm going to get this tune first or hopefully find a cheap tranny and get that instead.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Let me see if I can explain it like this. When I accelerate from 3rd gear and hit vtec, it gets loud and then the car starts lurching back and forth. I have to upshift to 4th, let it hit vtec there, and then immediately downshift to 3rd gear and then it will actually run vtec normal and speed up a little. Only tried it in 3rd gear because I never have enough room or road to do it in either 4th or 5th. 2nd gear is fine, lurches a little but then goes back to normal. The CEL came back on lmfao

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Sounds like oil pressure problems or tune.

I would make sure oil pressure is there, that's what vtec operates on.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I'll record one day and show y'all what I'm talking about. No oil pressure light comes on. Also the CEL comes on when I hit 4k rpms and turns off when the car is off.

Sent from my iPhone 2g