My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
:lol: I can say that I can keep up with a V6 Mercedes so that shows me that LSvtec worked out for me. Before, with a regular b18b1, I would struggle so hard to keep up with races and now I can keep up just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Well finally ordered myself a B&M fuel pressure gauge since I ordered the FPR a while ago but stopped using it because I couldn't properly adjust the fuel pressure and so the engine was soaked with too much gas :lol:
At that point, I just slapped the b16a FPR and let it run like that till now. I want to see how the FPR will treat me now that i can adjust it properly, anybody have any idea at which psi I should have it set to? I never really worked any of those things so I'm a little confused.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Quick story :lol:
I was on the highway messing around with friends and what not, (this happened last week) when I engage vtec and completely let loose, the exhaust just totally loses it. The heat shield (??) around the muffler just totally rusts out and it starts dragging on the highway. I hear the noise and pull over. I had to kick it and pull it and keep beating the shit out of it to get it off since it was dragging.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Fuel pressure gauge came in today!

Makes the engine bay look a bit more cleaner lol

The car gods decided not to shine their light on me today and say "fuck Hrubss"

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Question, should I use a Type R fuel pressure regulator? I'm not sure but I think the car is running lean when vtec engages in 4th (car jerkes), I guess that's why I should be using the FPR but I can't since the piston broke
I'm currently using a B16A fuel rail and FPR.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Btw, I never seen a car run lean so I could be using that term wrong lol. I figured that's the correct term to describe my situation since that's the primary reason why vtec-e was introduced.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Quick question, my B16A head uses dual valve springs on the Intake side only and the exhaust has just single valve springs. Are GSR's like that too?

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
going to pick up tomorrow for $325. Guy was selling them for $400 lol.
70% wheel left. Id love to get my hands on GSR Blades but springfield isn't showing me any love.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
change of plans lol. Seeing if this guy can sell me just 2 or I'll just buy all four for $275.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I like both wheels. Fat fives looks better on DAs. I have the LS wheels and they look better on DCs.

I was looking in my chilton book about the springs. It doesnt say if its single or dual valve springs. It says inner and outer sprigs for intake and exhaust. B18C1