Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Went to do the first oil change on the Dirty Thirty yesterday

Me being the forum guy that I am, came to find out that the majority of the guys that daily their cars use diesel 15w40 oil lol so went to Walmart to see that it was on sale for $12 and Fram filter was $3! WOO!

So all pumped up I head home, get the car on stands, go to loosen the drain plug and it felt very very loose. I thought to myself. "Hmm, at least it wasn't leaking and it's not messed up", I keep loosening the plug kept spinning and wasn't backing out! FML!!!!

Used a flat head screwdriver while loosening it and it popped off! It was draining very slow and was amazed by the look of the drain plug!!

I worked at a lube shop for almost two years and we would normally tell the customer their fucked and to expect the worse (oil pan being fucked beyond repair) and we would try to get it out with an extractor and re tap the threads.

So I went to harbor freight, gots me an Extractor 3000 and hunted down a BMW drain plug all over town, since the dealer was out of stock. Finally found one. Went home and the extractor worked amazing. Who ever did it last didn't cross thread it. Just over tightened it.

BMW's drain plugs are hollow and are designed to snap before any damage happens to the oil pan which is awesome. Just a heads up if you guys ever tackle one of these clunkers.

The juice I used. Going with the Chevron 15w40 next time. It's supposed to be pretty good.

I've read a few differences from Diesel and Conventional Gas Engine juices and the main differences is that they substitute slippery stuff for detergent in effort of oil not getting destroyed by the friction, compression and wear of Diesel engines. Due to the lack of slippery, they don't recommend using diesel oil and high Revving engines. Luckily. Mine is a 2.7L SOHC 6cly that only revs to 4500 so I'm good to use this cheap stuff safely! WOOT WOOT!

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Had an amazing weekend that I can't wait to share but here Is a little update for now

Alrighty, so.. The dirty thirty is up for sale just because I got something else to take its place. I planned on keeping that car for a long time and it sucks seeing it up for sale but it is what it is.

Did the "DIY bumper tuck" by drilling into the bumper shocks that hold the front bumper in place and compressing them, it's a nice difference because factory. Their like 6 inch long diving boards. Where their only an inch or so out now!!

And a few more shots

And on to the new car. I didn't look for a new car or anything since I was happy with the e30 and such. But my cousin called me asking me if I liked e36 M3's!! Immediately drove to his shop. Test drove it and it was a done deal lol I was ditching the dirty thirty. It simply a better car from head to toe. Tons of power. Geared perfectly for performance driving. Differential is awesome. Massive brakes and all!

Them 20's Craig! lol FRESH E30
Hahaha thanks man

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I caught the BMW bug from Justin. If the CTR doesnt come out this year im on the hunt for an E46 M3 with the dog package.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Alrighty, so the week before VtecClubUSA's final track day, all I could do was an oil change and go through the car to make sure all was tight. I feel like we should all do this every other event. I was amazed how I could get some bolts tighter (control arms, motor mounts, suspension points, crossmember, braces, seat brackets etc.)

After that, went to the local muffler shop because the test pipe I had we made last minute to make it to the Dyno with my cousin (we don't know how to weld, much less make a test pipe w/ flanges lol)

After that, did me some sparkers and I'm glad I checked them lol

Saturday night before the event (12/6) me and my brotha from another motha "UriasBro" ended up driving to BW

we got a garage and I took a few pics

Crashed out after swapping on the race wheels and checking all the fluids, air pressures and what not for the big day ahead of us

Registered, threw on the timer and number sticker and I was ready for the first session!

Pic by UriasBro

So off to race!!

First lap I put down a 2:00, then a 1:58!! I was so happy because I went fast and everything but knew there were a few spots I could push a little more, next hot lap I ran a lower :58 and followed by something I didn't really believe lol ran a 1:57!

2nd session I was running out of gas so that was a throw away

3rd session, I went back out and got a little crazy with tape in efforts of going Moar fast lol

Awesome shot by Daniel Kirby

Managed to run another 1:57 so I cruised back into the pits because tires and brake master had seen better days

Won VtecClubUSA's Group A 1st Place!

HERE IS THE 1:57 VIDEO

http://youtu.be/NiIdC1gCA1c

Enjoy!

And the pics I took of the day (not much)

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/Spitfire8o5/library/buttonwillow 12 7 14

Sorry it took over a week to post this, I'll be working on this passed Friday's TeamTopak 4ag VS B-Series Battle soon!