Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

project90.1

Man for a 200hp car you gutted it like 400 HP car. What's next on the power list cuz its obvious it's not over just yet

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Man for a 200hp car you gutted it like 400 HP car. What's next on the power list cuz its obvious it's not over just yet
Lol I hope the car stays reliable enough to be able to build a 230-250whp b20v on the side. I love this motor and want to keep it stock on the side.

So a 2.0L block with nice Pistons, bearings and rod bolts.

I have a b16a2 head that I want to have ported/high comp valves/ mild cams and supporting goods

Roughly around 12.5:1 or so just to stay on 91 pump gas (wish CA had 93 on the pumps)

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie

Last piece to the puzzle. Can't wait to have it painted. Think I'll be doing the $300 maaco route because Racecar.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
its a love hate thing with this car, wish it didn't need a clutch already lol (drifting is way too much fun in this)

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
VIDEO IS UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHVKa_SQOI&list=UUVeG9Fwgv_FBooWXqOGwaug

alrighty, so I went racing on sunday for vtecclubusa's round 1, I had told myself not to be upset if I didn't do as well as I wanted because I went on horribly bad tires lol but wanted to have a good time. so here we are.. first of all.. you need madd tight decals

VtecClubUSA Round1 by spitfire8o5, on Flickr

got there a little late so I ran out into whatever session it was as soon as I got there without checking anything lol, first hotlap of the day was a 1:26 that felt horrible and it just got worse and worse and worse from there, but I kept racing because I was learning a lot of having a blast almost hitting everyone lol

on the last session out, my car stopped firing on a Cly because my spark plugs gap closed all the way and what not. my motor is all stock so don't think it made contact.. my cousin thinks it was running really lean and the spark plug got hot enough to bend to a close after some abuse. glad I made it home safe..

video is uploading as we speak and should be up in no time.. didn't take pics of everyone this event because I was stressing out lol just took a few of my car, and an NSeX

ill post the video as soon as its up

Last edited:

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
As I stated with the event day. My Sparkplug on cly 4 ended up closing completely lol really glad the tip didn't break off and destroy my motor.

Went in for a compression check to make sure all was good, and I normally do it cold with the throttle closed and what not. This time around, thought it'd look up to see what my service manual says and to my surprise it said to do it at operating temps! Not only that. But I've never done it with the throttle wide open. I'm sure it effects the compression doing it hot instead of cold but thought to myself that, that's when it really matters lol anywho. After the big scare it was time for the moment of truth!!!

Proceeded to the steps of disabling fuel and distributor and cranked over the motor for 7 compression strokes with all of the sparkers out (another thing I never did before)

To my surprise. Motor has rock solid compression on all 4 cly's! WOO!!

So I'm only a set of tires away from my next track day! Think I'll be getting a fresh set of 225 Nt01's

Here is a shot from the last event, Ryan makes my car look half way decent. It's a bucket in person lol