Comfort Suspension need help

01TegLuv

sup guys im new to the club, and have been looking too change my suspension 'cause its leaking oil and i drive my teg everyday, and the roads in nyc are horrible, potholes and nasty bumps everywhere, and my teg keeps taking a beating, i want a suspension thats comfortable and can take a pounding yet feel soft and comfortable.. might sound crazy but i dont care if its lowered, actually i dont want it lowered i want it higher so it wont be so harsh driving through city, at same time i dont have dough to blow on a pricey lowering kit, and the original dealer parts are not only hard to find but expensive.

im looking at some kyb shocks and for the springs almost all the parts i find are all lowering! i want COMFORT most of all and not feel like im driving through a warzone everytime and want my ride to be about at least an inch above the tire from the tirewell, but at same time not compromise the tightness of handling, i just dont care if its super sporty handling either, any suggestions???

01TegLuv

oh i found some cheap blue coilover springs that are adjustable, i was thinking of setting them real high once shipped and received and installed or just keeping that adjustable screw part ,since the set is cheap anyways, and get tall coilver springs

my suspensions shot, too low to the ground and harsh on new york city roads, no luxury brand ride comfort, i HATE it!
i wana feel like im driving on air but same time have that tight feeling through turns please help!

ChrisTypeR408

I don't know about KYB but I'd have to say that Konis shocks that i've ridden (compared to all of my friends). For a while after I installed my Konis + Ground controls I left my car raised for the springs to settle and ive never had a more comfortable ride. It handles really really well and feels really nice. this was on the softest dampening. Now I have it lowered but it still feels comfortable (for a lowered car...) So if youre looking into good shocks I personally recommend the Konis. Use them with stock springs...

OR if youre really tight on budget just buy a stock suspension set. They're really cheap in the for sale threads..

heykosal

Angkorian
You want to "change your suspension because it's leaking oil," huh? You mean like your shocks are busted/leaking?

Some companies out there make stock/soft rate lowering springs. I know for a fact Tanabe does, they're called NF210. TEIN might also, look into it.
oh i found some cheap blue coilover springs that are adjustable
Those will ride like crap no matter how you adjust them. Don't buy cheap, low-quality parts. You'll regret it because you'll end up having to spend money TWICE on the same part because the cheap part you bought broke, and then you have to buy the same(higher quality) part again.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Eibach prokit(lowers car 1.3 f/r) but rides amazing,wonbt bottom out and match with kyb shock is nice afortable set up. Look into that set up...it suits you best.

grayghost

Stay with the stock suspension. Cheaper than adjustable performance and probably the best 'comfort' ride. I keep reading about all these owners who are lowering their cars. I have ground clearance problems getting in and out of my driveway with stock height. Lowering mine would be a disaster.

01TegLuv

I dont care about lowering the car at all, i mean hell its an integra its gonna be low enough regardless, i want the car to take bumps great on nasty roads not feel harsh driving, i drive my car everyday so i need appropraite suspension not lowered performance for everyday city driving and dont have money to spend on expensive prokits and shytt

i think eibach springs might be too low and tein s tech ima look into, noob question for the spring rate, the lower the number the softer?? or other way around..

@christyper408: you mean Konigs" or Konis? and, noob question, but whats ground controls??

i want comfort not lowered stiffness through nyc potholes,

01TegLuv

Stay with the stock suspension. Cheaper than adjustable performance and probably the best 'comfort' ride. I keep reading about all these owners who are lowering their cars. I have ground clearance problems getting in and out of my driveway with stock height. Lowering mine would be a disaster.
yes mines is lowered 2 inches, the previous owner had the springs cut like a dumbass, so i have clearance problems too, everytime through a drive way or something i have to slow down to a near stop and keep scratching the under part of my bumper, and theres practically no absorption going through potholes going above 40mph it just hurts to drive fast through city im sick of it,

what do you guys think about kyb shocks and tokico springs???

Afireinside

I would just find some used factory coils,people sell them all the time on craigslist when they lower their cars.
Then run kyb struts. Thats gonna be the best quality ride you can get in my opinion. Those coilovers are gonna be stiff.
Good luck

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
i looked at the Tein S Tech springs and they look tall not so short in the picture but they say "lowering"
you sure it'll be high n soft enough..
It'll be higher than what you have now, and the ride quality will improve. Isn't that what you want?