all motor. just a little more hp build. what ya think?

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
So at first I wanted to boost the car. Still do but my patients is running low, and scared to also do it because I don't wanna ruin my engine. So I think not sure yet but wanna go all motor. Just wanna increase the HP just a bit. Now I've been reading and looking up parts for my GsR and came up with this build. Limmie know what you guys think. I wanna make sure I know what I'm getting and making sure I'm jot buying the wrong crap since I am a car Newb lol. Here it goes.

Pwjdm intake (the whale Dick)
Skunk2 intake manifold.
I ready have some itr cams that just got installed yesterday ( should I get some cam gears swell?)
New throttle spacers (not sure yet on the brand yet)
D.c headers.
Yonaka catback exhaust

Granted I may not be able to buy these all in one shot but 1 at a time. I just want something to look forward to saving to. I know I'm going to order the Pwjdm intake this monday though.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
if you do the cams and intake manifold you should also get a tune, if you dont then your cars gonna run lean

JDMb20DC2

You wont see a big gain with that but dont get a pwjdm intake, get a comptech icebox for cheaper and better gains.

All motor you wont see that many gains unless you got high comp pistons or ITBs unless u build your head/block fully and get it tuned.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
dont get a short ram intake, theyre not nearly as effective as a full cai or an icebox like said above

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Noted* does it matter what stage cam gears I get? A friend of mine sold me the itr shaft things for real cheap 100 bucks. But The thing is does it matter what type of gears I get that would fit the itr's

jznsn2u

Don't get the pwjdm intake. I agree with ^^ Get a comptech ice box. Are you going to go test pipe and take out your catalytic converter? I was wondering, do you feel a significant difference with the itr camshafts? Ps. You don't need the cam gears.

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
I can feel a little bit of difference but not much with he itr cams. Definitely makes the vtech scream though. I'm not really looking for huge gains. I want to get to atleast 200 horses, just don't know how or which direction to go to. I have money to spend so that's not really an issue. I've been looking around in Richmond for an import shop or someone that could help me with this but seems like no one wants to help or maybe it seems I'm wasting theor time. Hell I'm getting more help here than every other places I've called lol

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Sorry for the double post but isn't comptech out of business? I can't seem to find that product anywhere

jznsn2u

I can feel a little bit of difference but not much with he itr cams. Definitely makes the vtech scream though. I'm not really looking for huge gains. I want to get to atleast 200 horses, just don't know how or which direction to go to. I have money to spend so that's not really an issue. I've been looking around in Richmond for an import shop or someone that could help me with this but seems like no one wants to help or maybe it seems I'm wasting theor time. Hell I'm getting more help here than every other places I've called lol
You're going to need a lot more modifications to be pushing 200whp. Look into our "members" section and browse through some build threads. It really gives you a perspective of routes you can choose :thumbs up. Try looking for mohawk, his build is nice :thumbs up

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
for 200whp i suggest the following,
high compression pistons, 12:1 plus would be optimal
a stage 2 cam (skunk2 tuner 2 or pro1 would be a good choice) the ITR cams dont have the lift needed to gain 200whp
You will need an intake manifold, Performer x or SKunk2 pro are good choices
A 2.5" collector header (hytech or replica)
a 3" intake arm paired with a 65-68mm TB and a comptech icebox.
a 2.5" test pipe and matching cat back
finish this up with hondata s100 and we should see 200whp+

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
You're going to need a lot more modifications to be pushing 200whp. Look into our "members" section and browse through some build threads. It really gives you a perspective of routes you can choose :thumbs up. Try looking for mohawk, his build is nice :thumbs up
x2. It's gonna take a lot more than what you listed to get to 200whp (a stock GS-R puts down 140-150 whp from the factory)

For reference I saw these builds somewhere on here (can't remember who posted them the moment :roll:). Took a screenshot so I would always have them for reference. :D:

Stock jdm GSR Block
GSR head (stock, no port, nothing)
Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams, springs, and retainers w/ skunk 2 cam gears
Skunk2 IM and TB
RC310s, AEM fuel rail and FPR
Rage header, t1r test pipe, buddy club spec 2 catback
Tuned
193hp/128tq
------------------------------
USDM b18c1
p30 pistons
skunk2 pro 1 cams
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 cam gears
hondata s100
high-end header
2.5 in. exhaust (straight pipe)
comptech icebox intake
jg 65mm throttle body
211 hp 147 tq

for 200whp i suggest the following,
high compression pistons, 12:1 plus would be optimal
a stage 2 cam (skunk2 tuner 2 or pro1 would be a good choice) the ITR cams dont have the lift needed to gain 200whp
You will need an intake manifold, Performer x or SKunk2 pro are good choices
A 2.5" collector header (hytech or replica)
a 3" intake arm paired with a 65-68mm TB and a comptech icebox.
a 2.5" test pipe and matching cat back
finish this up with hondata s100 and we should see 200whp+
^Listen to this man. He knows his shit. Well worth reading through his build.

Last edited:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Wow! That's what I've been looking for lol. I was searching for hawks build but couldn't find it. But this will do. Thanks . I knew what I listed wasn't going to get me to 200hp. Was just trying to to get my foot in the door without any senseless spending . But Tue second build u listed looks very doable. Thanks for posting that. Everyone here is always so helpful thank you tons!!!

jznsn2u

Wow! That's what I've been looking for lol. I was searching for hawks build but couldn't find it. But this will do. Thanks . I knew what I listed wasn't going to get me to 200hp. Was just trying to to get my foot in the door without any senseless spending . But Tue second build u listed looks very doable. Thanks for posting that. Everyone here is always so helpful thank you tons!!!
Stick around, I would like to see your build. :thumbs up

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
x2. It's gonna take a lot more than what you listed to get to 200whp (a stock GS-R puts down 140-150 whp from the factory)

For reference I saw these builds somewhere on here (can't remember who posted them the moment :roll:). Took a screenshot so I would always have them for reference. :D:

Stock jdm GSR Block
GSR head (stock, no port, nothing)
Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams, springs, and retainers w/ skunk 2 cam gears
Skunk2 IM and TB
RC310s, AEM fuel rail and FPR
Rage header, t1r test pipe, buddy club spec 2 catback
Tuned
193hp/128tq
------------------------------
USDM b18c1
p30 pistons
skunk2 pro 1 cams
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 cam gears
hondata s100
high-end header
2.5 in. exhaust (straight pipe)
comptech icebox intake
jg 65mm throttle body
211 hp 147 tq

^Listen to this man. He knows his shit. Well worth reading through his build.
indeed I will. Hey samblue before I start this I hope u don't mind if I start pming u with Newb questions lol. Just wanna make sure I'm gonna be getting and doing the right shit

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
No problem. That's what we're here for. :D

LOL. Just noticed that build 2 is EXACTLY what Samurai was telling you to do. Nailed it as usual! :thumbs up

Stick around, I would like to see your build. :thumbs up
x2. I'm thinking about going NA myself after I get a bunch of maintenance and suspension stuff off my list. It'd be nice to follow another NA build on here. :thumbs up

Last edited: