B-pillar Bar

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
for those with questions about the sparco harness bar.. I has one. it mounts to the top driver and passenger side seat belt bolts, and droops down, and then two bars connect to the harness bar from the bottom of the seat belt bolts. It doesnt go straight across.

dylan112i

Right Lane Roller
I do fabrication for a living this isn't some hacked crap held in by screws like that strut tower bar in that post. Everyone might not agree with what I'm doin and I could very well Learn the hard way not saying I will but I could. I appreciative everyone's input on the topic. Any suggestions are welcome

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Take a couple pics of how you mounted it. I'm curious as to how safely you did it. We had a huge talk over how to safely make a harness bar for the purpose of seatbelts.

Prozon

Kris
I do fabrication for a living this isn't some hacked crap held in by screws like that strut tower bar in that post. Everyone might not agree with what I'm doin and I could very well Learn the hard way not saying I will but I could. I appreciative everyone's input on the topic. Any suggestions are welcome
Please post pictures of the mounting hardware and any other pictures you can get.

Take a couple pics of how you mounted it. I'm curious as to how safely you did it. We had a huge talk over how to safely make a harness bar for the purpose of seatbelts.
Exactly. Like I mentioned, I concluded it couldn't be done safely with the auto-seat belt attached. I find it hard to believe it's set up properly with the seat belts there.

Thanks. :D

hgocasca

level 77 troll
He stated it was strictly for show, not for use, I'm giving the man the benefit of the doubt until pics prove otherwise, as should everyone else

rexpepper123

. If you just want additions to the car that don't serve a function then you should hit up autozone for some magnet hood scoops or go buy a giant park bench wing..

No sense having a non-functioning harness in the car..

!! win !!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
He stated it was strictly for show, not for use, I'm giving the man the benefit of the doubt until pics prove otherwise, as should everyone else
I'm getting some realllll strange deja vu right now.. oh yeah, you're acting like Rich in the other thread :lol: good day, sir

Josh Ehlert

Wow, its amazing how a picture of a b pillar bar can get so out of hand. It seems people in this thread are mixing up a b pillar bar and a harness bar. B pillar bars are there for... well to tell you the truth I dont really know. To stop flex? (assuming they actually DO anything) and a harness bar is designed for harnesses. I would assume everyone that has ever been on a forum before would know that a b pillar bar is NOT safe for harnesses. I feel they are ALL for show, as is this one. he doesnt wear "harnesses" while driving the car around town. If I saw some guy in a honda on his way to walmart strapped down with 5 point harnesses I would laugh my ass off.

This bar is in the car simply because it looks cool and unique. There is no way to safely mount a bpillar bar or to mount it unsafely, Its a fucking B PILLAR BAR, not a HARNESS BAR.

Prozon

Kris
Umadbro?

That's the point we're trying to make. You can't safely mount the harness with what he has. Another point we're making is that it's pointless to have things in your car like that in which you don't use. I find it highly doubtful he bought racing seats and the harness simply to "look cool while parked." I bet you will catch him wearing that harness driving to Walmart.

As you would say,
Its a f***ing B PILLAR BAR, not a HARNESS BAR.
So why does he have his harness hooked to it?
Lose the attitude buddy.

Last edited:

Josh Ehlert

Umadbro?

That's the point we're trying to make. You can't safely mount the harness with what he has. Another point we're making is that it's pointless to have things in your car like that in which you don't use. I find it highly doubtful he bought racing seats and the harness simply to "look cool while parked." I bet you will catch him wearing that harness driving to Walmart.

As you would say, So why does he have his harness hooked to it?
Lose the attitude buddy.
Its pointless to you guys to have something you dont use. Maybe not him. He likes it, so who cares. He does not wear the harnesses. He is probly more concerned with safetly than alot of people on here. The harness just simply accents the seats. I work with dylan and he is far from a "hack" He is a very good welder and has the means to make a legit "harness bar" for a da9 since they dont make one. He is just simply proud to have something that no one else does. The bar is very securely mounted, there is no flex when you grab it, when you try to shake it, the whole car moves. Ive even hung from it, and i weight like 230lbs. Just seems to me alot of people are hating for no reason.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
You guys are missing the point. A B pillar bar add stiffness to the chassis. A harness bar is used for mounting the harness. HE HAS racing seats, they are meant to be used with a harness, which needs a harness bar to mount to. He has harnesses in that seat, which with a b bar tells me they are not remotely properly mounted. You should not use regular seatbelts with those seats ever. PLEASE do not take someone you love for a drive, if you get hit, you could seriously endager there lives even at low speeds. THAT is the issue.