B-pillar Bar

Josh Ehlert

You guys are missing the point. A B pillar bar add stiffness to the chassis. A harness bar is used for mounting the harness. HE HAS racing seats, they are meant to be used with a harness, which needs a harness bar to mount to. He has harnesses in that seat, which with a b bar tells me they are not remotely properly mounted. You should not use regular seatbelts with those seats ever. PLEASE do not take someone you love for a drive, if you get hit, you could seriously endager there lives even at low speeds. THAT is the issue.
What is the issue in using stock seatbelts with racing seats? You mean to tell me everyone with aftermarket seats uses harnesses?

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Wow, its amazing how a picture of a b pillar bar can get so out of hand. It seems people in this thread are mixing up a b pillar bar and a harness bar. B pillar bars are there for... well to tell you the truth I dont really know. To stop flex? (assuming they actually DO anything) and a harness bar is designed for harnesses. I would assume everyone that has ever been on a forum before would know that a b pillar bar is NOT safe for harnesses. I feel they are ALL for show, as is this one. he doesnt wear "harnesses" while driving the car around town. If I saw some guy in a honda on his way to walmart strapped down with 5 point harnesses I would laugh my ass off.

This bar is in the car simply because it looks cool and unique. There is no way to safely mount a bpillar bar or to mount it unsafely, Its a f***ing B PILLAR BAR, not a HARNESS BAR.
I dont know what your dealio is, but this extremely disheartens me as I just got racing seats and plan on getting some expensive harnesses soon. As long as everything is mounted down properly and safely, a harness is safer than the seat belt. Combined with a racing seat, you aint going anywhere in a crash.

So what if its used on the straight? In my case, I'm buying it to use it, not just looks. When my friend got in my car not too long ago to get some food, I had my unmounted sparco harness in the passenger seat, and he told me that hes always wanted to use one of those, but I told him it wasnt mounted.

Regardless, a harness bar will hold you in better than seat belts. Seat belts arent designed as well as harnesses because it was cheaper that way for the manufacturers..

So even if you're driving around town, it might save your life.. Given, some circumstances, the 2 teens in the crash below may have had a better chance with a harness than their seat belts.

[YOUTUBE="Crash"]JCqEhrX4ruU[/YOUTUBE]

They both died. You bastard.

Josh Ehlert

I dont know what your dealio is, but this extremely disheartens me as I just got racing seats and plan on getting some expensive harnesses soon. As long as everything is mounted down properly and safely, a harness is safer than the seat belt. Combined with a racing seat, you aint going anywhere in a crash.

So what if its used on the straight? In my case, I'm buying it to use it, not just looks. When my friend got in my car not too long ago to get some food, I had my unmounted sparco harness in the passenger seat, and he told me that hes always wanted to use one of those, but I told him it wasnt mounted.

Regardless, a harness bar will hold you in better than seat belts. Seat belts arent designed as well as harnesses because it was cheaper that way for the manufacturers..

So even if you're driving around town, it might save your life.. Given, some circumstances, the 2 teens in the crash below may have had a better chance with a harness than their seat belts.

[YOUTUBE="Crash"]JCqEhrX4ruU[/YOUTUBE]

They both died. You bastard.
Did you just call me a bastard because of some youtube video? Everyone can have there own opinions on what is more safe. But stock seatbelts have been tested and are known to be safe. Im sure that every company that makes harness bars has not had there shit tested in crashes. So how can you be so sure that they are more safe? Maybe if the car in the vid had a narness bar it would have buckled and smashed into there heads. I may trust a harness bar more in a head on colision, but not one from the side. I dont care what its made out of, if you get hit in the side at 60mph that bar wont still be there when its all said and done.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I'm not arguing that kids run regular seatbelts with a racing setup. I'm simply stating that those seatbelts are designed for stock seats, and the measurements etc of those seats. Harnesses are more effective than a regular seatbelt because they are designed for a racing seat, and you know those are different in nature than a regular seat. If you don't want to use harness bars thats fine, pull your rear seat and mount it to that bracket. I'm actually concerned about your/your friends safety more than your friends fab skills. Trust me, I sell harness bars and seats every days and know from manufacturers first hand.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
A 4pt harness saved my face from ending up like kanye west's in June, I was rear ended at 55-60mph while at a dead stop at a light. If I had a regular seatbelt, I'd be recovering from reconstructive surgery still. So don't downplay them, mine wasn't even mounted the proper way (I'm an idiot, I know, lesson learned) and it still saved me. Next time I'll be doing it the right way

Josh Ehlert

I'm not arguing that kids run regular seatbelts with a racing setup. I'm simply stating that those seatbelts are designed for stock seats, and the measurements etc of those seats. Harnesses are more effective than a regular seatbelt because they are designed for a racing seat, and you know those are different in nature than a regular seat. If you don't want to use harness bars thats fine, pull your rear seat and mount it to that bracket. I'm actually concerned about your/your friends safety more than your friends fab skills. Trust me, I sell harness bars and seats every days and know from manufacturers first hand.
I understand where your coming from, but as he stated before, the harness isnt used. Im not even sure if a b pillar bar is a sutible pivot point for the harnesses if they were to be mounted somewhere else. The only reason I came into this thread was because I thought people were being a bit harsh. He has a b pillar bar which no one makes and that makes him happy, So he posted a picture of it and right off the bat people are saying its prolly mounted unsafe/wrong, when it shouldnt matter either way because its not really serving a purpose. But I can see how the harness in the picture could be misleading.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
LOL @ OPs idiotic harness setup.

In general

Harness + stock seats = fail
Harness + racing seats w/o roll bar = fail
Harness + Racing seats + Roll bar = proper

Prozon

Kris
mine wasn't even mounted the proper way (I'm an idiot, I know, lesson learned) and it still saved me. Next time I'll be doing it the right way
Didn't you get a back injury from that?

He has a b pillar bar which no one makes and that makes him happy, So he posted a picture of it and right off the bat people are saying its prolly mounted unsafe/wrong, when it shouldnt matter either way because its not really serving a purpose. But I can see how the harness in the picture could be misleading.
Nobody makes the bar because it cannot safely be a bolt-in thing. It takes custom fabrication to attach a harness bar to the Da9 chassis.

Since the original poster seems to be gone- you might ask him to post up pictures. The only reason I have concluded this is unsafe is because he has yet to post any pictures of his mounting hardware or fabrication.

dylan112i

Right Lane Roller
To rexpepper, it sounds like you spent some time in that section of the store you seem to know a lot about it. If I have a question ill ask you first.

WIN dumb ass

dylan112i

Right Lane Roller
Ok again its not a harness bar if it was I wouldn't be calling it a B-pillar bar it would be called a harness bar so for all of you that live on here go ahead and argue, hate , talk crap , and what ever I don't care. Why don't you spend another couple hours on your profile pics. Get a life

dylan112i

Right Lane Roller
I had planned on posting pics BUT if I did all the hatters on here could then turn around and have one made ( lacking the knowledge to fab one themselves) so no I will not post pics of mounting hardware or how I did it.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Hes mad because everyones calling him a dip shit for running a stupid harness setup.

Well get a life while you take yours in an accident with that setup, hows that sound?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I had planned on posting pics BUT if I did all the hatters on here could then turn around and have one made ( lacking the knowledge to fab one themselves) so no I will not post pics of mounting hardware or how I did it.
Grow some balls and post the pics. I get you're proud of how you've created something that doesn't exist. Kudos. Problem...it doesn't exist for a reason. Also, you're not the only one on here with a welder ;)