1 Gallon Of Gas

OlegWasHere

whats the most miles youve guys gotten on one gallon of gas?

SO i was wondering whats the deal here.

The most ive ever gotten was 274 miles with 95 percent highway driving (roadtrip)
average i get 150 (city driving)(witch i know is horrible)
i dont have a heavy foot
rpms rarely ever hit above 3k

before i put in my one gallon my car had the gas light on, shut it off while i was going through the drivethrough at the bank and then turned it back on no gas light

i then put in 1 gallon of gas.

so far ive gone 35 miles and no light has turned on.
whats the deal?

when i have a full tank seems like the car is eating my gas.

so far whats done

new iridium x spark plugs
wires
new fuel filter(getting put on tomorrow)
getting a new k and n air filter tomorrow (cleaned out the old one about 6 months ago but it has rust all over it so im just going to swap it)\
tires are properly inflated at 36 psi(tires are rated for 50 max) toyo proxes

the only other thing i can think of is if my 02 sensor is going bad or my ecu is mapped

what are your thoughts?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
My gauge likes to hang around in certain spots and drops like hell in other areas. The way I understand it, you have less consumption at the top half of the tank, but I've never heard the other side of that argument

OlegWasHere

honestly it hangs at some spots but when i fill up its always at 10.2 gallons when its on e but no gas light.

when i first fill up by the time the guage goes all the way up i drive a good 4 miles and never hits full.
then when its at half it will radomly drop then go back inch by inch. (driving on straight road not mountains)

idk anymore honestly.
after these things are changed and the 02 im out of ideas
so much for owning a four cylinder lol.
time for a prius. :lol:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
honestly it hangs at some spots but when i fill up its always at 10.2 gallons when its on e but no gas light.

when i first fill up by the time the guage goes all the way up i drive a good 4 miles and never hits full.
then when its at half it will radomly drop then go back inch by inch. (driving on straight road not mountains)

idk anymore honestly.
after these things are changed and the 02 im out of ideas
so much for owning a four cylinder lol.
time for a prius. :lol:
I remember the older Suburbans would bounce even during braking, so I'm not too trusting of the accuracy. Keeping it off E is a good policy anyway

OlegWasHere

I remember the older Suburbans would bounce even during braking, so I'm not too trusting of the accuracy. Keeping it off E is a good policy anyway
well i usually dont let it go to e ive only seen the light twice since ive had the car (almost 2 years)
but since im doing my fuel filter tommorrow i thought id keep it lower so less chance of spill

Prozon

Kris
I can't even believe someone can worry about the gas mileage of these.
Go drive something with a V8 for a week and get back to me. Haha.

I haven't checked my mileage yet, I just know its rather decent.
And by rather decent it's at least 20mpg lol.
I'm very satisfied with it. :)

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

I can't even believe someone can worry about the gas mileage of these.
Go drive something with a V8 for a week and get back to me. Haha.
thats what im saying. before owning this i had a v6 chevy blazer and it got better gas mileage.
honestly im not complaing about it not having 400 miles a tank im just saying its odd that on 10 gallons i only get 175 miles but on one gallon i get over 35. what's up with that.

Cripton805

Last time I checked I had 22mpg
All city, stop and go.

Not bad for 200k+ eh?
New is rated at 25-31

I get about 200miles when in between 1/4 and empty.
GSR yo.

I got 20mpg on my old LS DA.

DONT GO BY YOUR CLUSTER...
Do the math and figure it out.

#1 Put gas and reset the trip
#2 drive a lot until near empty
#3 put gas...

Now... Look at the pump to check how much gas to top it off and do this

Divide the gallons by the trip... for example
196.6k / 9.756GAL = 20.15MPG "which wouldn't be bad"

Last edited:

built_ls

i never calculate how much gas miles i get. the way i measure it is how long does my tank last. When i had my truck it lasted 4 days, my civic lasted 6 and my ls last about 5/6. i was driving about 50 miles on the high everyday to n from school. plus where i went outside of school

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I average 25-27 cityish, took a highway trip last weekend and got 31. My little B16 turd doesn't do that bad.

Cripton805

i never calculate how much gas miles i get. the way i measure it is how long does my tank last. When i had my truck it lasted 4 days, my civic lasted 6 and my ls last about 5/6. i was driving about 50 miles on the high everyday to n from school. plus where i went outside of school
It's just better to know if you're in "range" of normal.

Instead of just saying. I went 150miles before I have to fill. It will never be as accurate than just doing the math. The gas reading was always off on like 7 Tegs that I've driven. The reading is so damn picky. :lol:

88 LS-S
90 LS
91 RS
94 LS / GSR Swapped
95 GSR
96 LS-S / GSR Swapped
01 LS

I've also driven a couple stock and swapped EKs.
My buddies also tell me the same and it's pickier w/ Vtecs because of the random burst of power and consumption if you're hitting Vtec on and off. "Obviously"

built_ls

It'
s just better to know if you're in "range" of normal.

Instead of just saying. I went 150miles before I have to fill. It will never be as accurate than just doing the math. The gas reading was always off on like 7 Tegs that I've driven. The reading is so damn picky.
yeah i feel you. but i never worry about. i got a friend who drives a Lincoln and his gas milage is shit.

Cripton805

It'

yeah i feel you. but i never worry about. i got a friend who drives a Lincoln and his gas milage is s***.
I had some guy argue with me that his 1990 Mustang GT "5.0" not 4 cyl
Got 30mpg. He got so mad because I kept explaining how that was impossible.
Wat a TARD. LMAO

He even cursed me out and saying that I knew nothing about cars and he also claimed that a stock 5.0 "old" was insanly faster than my GSR and obviously saved more gasoline... Facepalm

Last edited:

rexpepper123

i get like 24mpg somethin like that sometimes more but i do it by filling it an using the trip odometer an drive till the light comes on since i have no fuel gauge lol