1988 teg build

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
""Quote""

Sent from my iPhone 2g

thatguy1995

I'm wanting to build it not break it I want to build the motor but can't find shit for D16a1 don't foreal wanna do a swap but I might have too and the steering wheel isn't really fancy its just looks better than factory also the struts up front is there any way to loose some of the fast to lower the struts I didn't find any kind of adjustment on it

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
For the price of set of pistons alone you can buy 10 motors. You said you like drag racing, drag racers replace motors all the time.

thatguy1995

You got a good point so if I do a swap what would be best stick to the d series or save up a few checks and go b series the D16A1 is old AF anyways might as well start fresh

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You got a good point so if I do a swap what would be best stick to the d series or save up a few checks and go b series the D16A1 is old AF anyways might as well start fresh

You can swap any motor in it, ls, gsr, just depends what you want to spend. I think a gsr swap is a good start. At one time there was lots of parts made for that car, but everyone stopped production years ago, all that's left is overstock and people are charging a ton for it. I suppose you could get someone to regrind some stock cams for you and order a set of pistons, but that would likely run you close to a grand. At that price you could swap a b18 and have much more potential. They're cool cars, but maybe not for the reasons you're interested. It's a classic, good to fix up, restore, do a little work to make it fun to drive

thatguy1995

GHow much would a gsr swap run I can do it myself and would I need to retune the ecu and get motors and etc?

94RS

No fucks given.
At that price you could swap a b18 and have much more potential. They're cool cars, but maybe not for the reasons you're interested. It's a classic, good to fix up, restore, do a little work to make it fun to drive
At that price though, he could find a cheap DA :what:

Agreed in the second point though. The G1 is one of those cars where there's more of a focus on aesthetics rather than speed. If you want a reliable, classic cruiser it's alright. A dragster, not so much :lol: