1988 teg build

enoch723

How dare you, the ZC was the best thing money could buy back in the early 90s :lol:
Back in the 90s?..

Didnt the dohc zc go from 84-94?
Were your thinking sohc?

Side note. Everyone talks down about the d16a1 because its a d series, but what most people dont understand is that its the same head and block as the f1 racers of the day. Yes the integra's are dulled way down, but the strength is still there. I swapped the brown top into my 3g civic and can pull 15.2 in the quarter mile all day long with some basic tuning.. just saying. Lol

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: Nobody is going to trade... Resell for what you have in it, buy a DA/DC, then get back to us after you wrapped that one around a pole from ricing around.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Back in the 90s?..

Were your thinking sohc?
No I'm thinking that when civics, crxs, integras, became available second hand to tune, everyone was trying to get their hands on ZC motors to swap into them, because at the time, they were the best you could get power wise. B-series were expensive.

Side note. Everyone talks down about the d16a1 because its a d series, but what most people dont understand is that its the same head and block as the f1 racers of the day. Yes the integra's are dulled way down, but the strength is still there. I swapped the brown top into my 3g civic and can pull 15.2 in the quarter mile all day long with some basic tuning.. just saying. Lol
:roll: seriously? That's like saying the potential for an LS1 to have 5000hp like a pro stock car is there. Sorry but there's just nothing that special about a d16 that would make me want to save it.

OP I'm not saying sell the car, I think G1s are cool as shit. You said you wanted to make more power and we're letting you know that dumping money into a that motor is fruitless. If your happy with a 15s 1/4m time, by all means go swap a turd top and have at it.

Last edited:

enoch723

..15sec bone stock 113hp(when new)..? A 27 year old car with over 300k miles, is maybe putting 100 to the wheels if im REALLY REALLY LUCKY. Realistically aroumd 75. Pulling 15.2s all night? I would say thats potential. Not to mention that Ive seen a browntop swap in a 2g civic w/ supercharger pull low 13s all night.

Im not saying its easier to get the power out of it as a b series.. but everything thats needed IS around and the engine does have potential. Plus its probably the most durable engine iver evwr seen

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Back in the 90s?..

Were your thinking sohc?

You think anyone in this thread has the cash/skillset of an F1 team?

On a side note I'm loving those louvers on the G1, remind me of my old Daytona lol

rb73

Don't let people talk you into anything. I like having my g1. There's not a thousand of them running around riced out. That being said, it's not as easy to find parts, but there still is quite a bit out there. If you really want to make power, youre better off ditching the d series and doing a swap. For suspension check out heeltoe automotive.

95B18BTurbo

I personally would like to see this build get done. Yes it's easier with the DA/DC chassis, but the G1 Integra just has something classic sexy JDM appeal to it when done right.

rb73

Now you're talking. Non vtec b18 would be a good place to start without dropping a ton of money. Come join us a g1teg.org or the vintage integra group on Facebook.